Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

registering kindle for my mum, but paying for books with my credit card?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 3:10:23 PM PST
I've bought a kindle for my mum for xmas, I know I have to regisiter in her name, but how do I pay for books for her with my credit card? Have to do it tonight ready for her to read on Xmas Day? Really desperate to have help. xx

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:15:37 PM PST
Dittie says:
You're mistaken. It doesn't have to be registered to her.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:18:32 PM PST
A Customer says:
You can register it to your account, but name it "Mum's Kindle". You can also set up a separate account for her and add your credit card to the account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:18:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 3:19:32 PM PST
Dittie is right - you can also just get her Amazon Gift Cards or buy the eBooks as gifts for her.

ETA: Cassie Anne is right, too. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:24:32 PM PST
Loz says:
I have done that with my Mum's kindle. It's registered to my account but it has her name on it. She has access to all my books, and I can purchase stuff just for her if she wants.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:24:45 PM PST
Polperro says:
If you register it to your account, you will be able to share all the books on the account, both past purchases and future ones. All books purchased will be paid for with your credit card automatically. If she wants to share the book costs, she can pay you or give you an Amazon gift card to use.
I have 2 daughters sharing my account, and on Christmas day my 3 oldest grandchildren will be joining them.
Assuming that you have the Kindle, check to see if it is already registered to your account. If not, you can quickly register it from the Kindle itself and then add books to it.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:30:19 PM PST
where is the "setting" icon on the new Kindle Fire?? So I can change volume, brightness, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:31:25 PM PST
Dittie says:
They hide it under the user manual.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:33:10 PM PST
A Customer says:
Yep. I've shared an account with my husband from the beginning. Each Kindle has our own name on it, even though they're registered to the same account. We added Sis about 18 months ago, and her Kindle has her name on it.

Love being able to share an account!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:36:40 PM PST
Loz says:
My mum doesn't have the Internet at her house, so she wouldn't have been able to get any books had I not registered it to my account for her. Some people don't like sharing an account due to others being able to see their books, but it doesn't bother me.

This has reminded me though that I need to put some new books on her kindle for her! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions