Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle HD fire camera

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2012 6:26:05 PM PDT
How do you use the camera?
Is it just for Skype or can you use it as a stand alone camera?

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 6:29:52 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
It was designed only as a skype camera, some people have had some success taking pictures with it using a photo app.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 6:45:51 PM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
R., yes, you can use the camera to take pictures...I have. It's a bit odd with a front-facing camera...when you are looking at the screen, it is looking at you. You don't have that "look-through" feeling of a rear-facing camera. I have done it, though: it's a bit like brushing your hair in the mirror. :)

There are several apps you can use. This one

Pic Shop Lite

is free and pretty easy to use (although this free version is limited...you can only save low quality pictures, for one thing). I am not connected with that app except as a user.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:33:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 12:33:50 PM PST
hi, just purchased a kindle fire hd and i have found appropriate apps to allow me to take still photos, however i have found that the settings on the camera, ie exposure are not accounted for when you click the shutter. i mean that in preview i can edit the displayed image,but when i click to take the photo the image produced is a standard photo. any help would be greatly recieved!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions