Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

cancel audible

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 264 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2012 8:58:53 PM PST
B. Garza says:
How do I cancel my audible subscription?

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 9:15:56 PM PST
Artist says:
Go to your account at audible.com and cancel it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 10:13:18 AM PST
If it was that easy, dummy, they wouldn't be asking. Audible has turned into a billing scam like "PAY FOR IT LATER" or whatever it is. It has become a cheating nightmare. I advise people to stay away from Audible. What used to be a great service is now just a scam.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 10:20:47 AM PST
Completely untrue, I have cancelled my Audible sub several times (I get backed up on those long Russian novels) and then rejoined later.

@B Garza - Log into Audible (not Amazon, though the login i/d and password are the same) and go to "Account details" (top right), then click "Change My Membership" (also right, near the top). You'll then reach a page where they offer you various alternate membership options, at the bottom of that page there is a "cancel membership" link. They may offer you a free month or a $20 credit to stay on but it's easy to decline that and cancel.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 10:30:46 AM PST
Mary McManus says:
I wouldn't cancel my audible membership for anything. However, I sure would like to unlink it from my Kindle books, but after numerous conversations with both Amazon and Audible, have learned that it is not possible to do so. Consequently my archives on the e-ink Kindles are impossible to use because too cluttered. On the Fire, you can separate out books and on the iPad, you also just get books. But it is excruciating on on the e-ink devices.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 10:34:25 AM PST
Fabizzle says:
Stephen M. Keller says:
If it was that easy, dummy, they wouldn't be asking.
First, how very polite of you. Thanks for being so awesome. Next, is this your first visit to, I don't know, the internet? Yes. Yes they would ask, even if it was that simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 10:47:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 10:48:39 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I didn't have any problems cancelling it. Guess I am a dummy also....Guess only the smart kids have problems...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 1:41:01 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 10, 2013 1:33:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:14:53 AM PDT
switch says:
I called to cancel my audible service. Customer service is very nice. Did calling get my service canceled? No.
Try getting them to stop charging your credit card. THAT is another matter altogether. And that's where I'm at now... still trying to get them to stop charging me.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:34:28 AM PDT
I went through a rough patch financially last winter and called Audible to see if there was a way that I could just put my account on hold for a few months rather than canceling altogether. I was able to get a three-month delay without any charge at all from Audible. They reinstated my account after three months, without any loss of the books I had already purchased from them over the last several years. I do not know if that is still an option, but it sure helped me out at the time and I am still a loyal Audible customer to this day. Love audio books!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 7:59:38 AM PDT
Dog Lover says:
Utter nonsense.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:03:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 8:03:58 AM PDT
Dog Lover says:
The only thing I can think of that may apply to your situation is if you joined Audible.com as part of buy-this-for "$$" when you join audible.com. I did that to get an iPod for only $30. That "agreement" was for a year-long Audible.com membership. If I had canceled before the end of the year, I would have been charged a penalty. That charge would have appeared on my CC after the cancellation.

Other than that, I can't even imagine this situation.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:08:29 AM PDT
Cassie Anne says:
Definitely call them back and let them know. How close to your billing date did you cancel?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:14:26 AM PDT
Call your CREDIT card company, and tell them that you are having an problem with UN-authorizing an auto-pay. The rep (at least, my cc co has done this for me) will call the originating charger ~with you on the line~ and tell them, "Our customer would like you to stop charging this account. Right? Right."

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:24:46 AM PDT
As others have said it is easy to cancel your Audible account--or put it on hold for up to 3 months if needed.

I recently had to do both due to financial reasons. I first put the account on hold for 3 months and then, since finances didn't improve, I cancelled. Audible is very helpful and you can do it by phone if you prefer.

ONE GOOD THING: even if you do cancel your membership the audiobooks you've purchased are still available for you to download/redownload anytime you like. :-)

I am hoping that I will be able to rejoin in the future--buying audobooks directly from them is far cheaper than buying on Amazon (which is itself cheaper than the regular price.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:06:21 AM PST
i really cant cancel my sub... i dont have the "change my membership" botton... i go to account details, and thats it i dont know where to go next ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:17:22 AM PST
Kresten - Here's how to contact Audible customer support.

1-888-283-5051 (USA & Canada)
1-973-820-0400 (International)

http://audible.custhelp.com/

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:26:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 12:28:31 AM PST
W.W.D.H.G. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:49:40 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:50:47 AM PST
saraf says:
At the top of the book list on your Manage Your Kindle page is a drop down menu. When you want to see only books, choose Books. Then your Audible and app purchases will not be in the list. There's a lot I that list...Audible Audiobooks is also in the list, as is magazines, apps, etc. All Items is the default. Change it to whatever you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:51:27 AM PST
saraf says:
Victor, we're customers. We can't cancel anything for you.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 3:34:09 PM PST
Scott Davis says:
I have tried everything to cancel Audible.com. They keep charging $7.49/month. What a ripoff Amazon. If you're not careful, you're going to get the same reputation as Ticketmaster (the most hated company in the world). I called your audible "support" line THREE times, after every monthly billing, and they said "we don't see that you are being billed". What, did you need to beef up your numbers for the quarter? I'll bet that is what's going on.....Amazon, if I get charged one more time I'm going to go nuts and report you to every fraud agency there is and put you in the same category as Ticketmaster!

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 3:37:21 PM PST
Scott Davis says:
BTW, I never ordered Audible, I don't know where it came from. It just appeared on my debit card statements one day three months ago. I called the number associated with the billing which is where the support people claim they don't have any record of me and that they're billilng me! Even after I give them the date and the charge they claim they know nothing......what a company. I was SHOCKED to hear Amazon owned them. I thought I was dealing with a small company in India who had ripped off my debit card....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 3:45:03 PM PST
Perhaps you are. If you didn't order Audible, and you don't have any Audible login set up, then perhaps a credit card scammer is charging to your account and *calling* it Audible?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 4:05:40 PM PST
Call and ask for either your account to be switched to listener lite. $10 ayear but you still get benefits of sales.
You also have the option to put your account on hiatus for three months.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  264
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions