Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD needs Adobe Flash

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 29, 2012 8:17:16 AM PST
I bought this kindle based on previous ones that supported Adobe Flash. Now I can't access some things since they require Adobe Flash. I think Amazon Kindle needs enough negative feedback about this to hopefully get them to support it again

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:18:58 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Adobe the makers of Flash has stopped supporting all mobile devices. Amazon has nothing to do with this. There are ways around this but I will let you look for them since you are trying to blame a company that has no control over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:27:00 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff, The reason I blamed Amazon, is while talking to support this morning that was what I was told. The rep said that Amzon does not support the flash drive and they would pass my concerns on up, leading me to believe that if there was enough said about it they might do something. Hence my post. If there is a way around it I am open to suggestions

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:30:18 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
They cannot support what the maker no longer offers. Amazon support will not be able to change any of this. All newer Android devices have the same problem no matter who makes it. Check the Google Nexus tablets and you will see they also don't have it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:31:06 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 29, 2012 8:33:55 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 8:33:24 AM PST
what is the difference between es file explorer and dolphin? I am also trying to view videos on my kindle hd and some videos won't play. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:33:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 8:34:40 AM PST
so how do you get around it? I tried going to Adobe and was going to download it but there were several versions and I wasn't sure which one. I don't want to mess up the kindle by getting the wrong one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:33:56 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
Brilliant, aren't you? What part of this don't you comprehend?

"They cannot support what the maker no longer offers. Amazon support will not be able to change any of this. All newer Android devices have the same problem no matter who makes it. Check the Google Nexus tablets and you will see they also don't have it."

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 8:33:58 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
CS doesn't always know everything - go over to the Kindle Help Forum and search on Dolphin and Flash until you find one of the many posts that tells you how to make it work

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:35:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 8:36:27 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Laura M. Dean says:

Deb - Adobe dropped support for Flash for Android devices. It has nothing to do with the Kindle Fire itself. You can install Flash manually and a Flash compatible web browser fairly easily on the Kindle Fire. It only took me about 10 minutes to get it up and running.

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire/Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer (get this from the Amazon Appstore)

Download and install the Dolphin HD and Flash Player apk files from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Once both files are downloaded to your Fire, open ES File Explorer and look in the "Downloads" folder. You should see both files there. Install Dolphin HD *first* by tapping on the icon. Then Install Flash.

**Note that I added the APK file for ES File Explorer to the dropbox link. Some people were having issues downloading and installing it from the Amazon Appstore. If you can get it from the Amazon AppStopre, that's easier.**

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:36:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 8:39:16 AM PST
jsh1120 says:
Brenda,

You are confusing a "flash drive" which is a piece of hardware with a usb connection to a tablet that provides additional local storage with the "Flash Player" that is software designed to display video and audio on websites. The KFHD does not support a "flash drive." Adobe withdrew support for the "Flash Player" on mobile devices in August 2012.

As the other posts here imply, you can download a browser that supports a "Flash Player." You cannot add a "flash drive" to a Kindle Fire and that is probably what the Kindle CS was telling you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:37:05 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
thanks, Jeff - I was too lazy to do it myself

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 12:23:54 PM PST
boydy says:
tried finding the Dolphin and flash player using the link provided. it doesn't work. I've got the ES file explorer app no problem but cannot get the Dolphin / flash player files. Aaaargh!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 8:52:42 AM PDT
To Jazzy_Jeff: Adobe Flash may have stopped supporting mobile devices, which means they aren't releasing any new versions or updates, but they STILL support previous versions they have released. How rude and condescending instead of trying to be helpful and explain. Hopefully, Blenda, you found you can download another browser, such ad Chrome, went to the Adobe site and looked under the archived releases for Android (because Kindle Fire HD uses an Android platform) choose the last release for Android, and install it after you have your new browser installed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:11:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 7:01:44 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:12:25 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Ahh, how special. Did you read the original post I replied to?? The OP was telling people to leave negative feedback on a device for something that Amazon has no control over. Chrome doesn't support Flash either. You are just so special standing up to me....made my day....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:21:31 AM PDT
She was obviously frustrated. Instead of being helpful and explaining you were rude. And if you need a snappy come back, I'm sure a multimillion dollar company feels safe with you defending them, because if you hadn't said something millions of people would have posted negative feedback.

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 9:24:12 AM PDT
Oh, almost forgot. Don't know how I'm able to stream Flash now that I installed it with Chrome..must be a fluke..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:27:26 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Damn right I was rude. Just as rude as you trying to tell me what to post on a public forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:28:05 AM PDT
The Artist says:
She also posted in December 2012! No one is sitting around for 10 months waiting for you to respond.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:31:57 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Probably isn't streaming Flash but HTML 5. I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand the difference. So congratulations you got Flash to work on a browser that doesn't support it.

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 9:40:04 AM PDT
Flash only works with Chrome on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS. Not Android.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 9:41:19 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Exactly...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Dec 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions