Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire HD 7 - Yahoo mail contacts are not syncing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2012 6:37:40 PM PST
CloudyGal says:
I have been using yahoo mail on my kindle fire hd since getting it. Yahoo mail made changes recently. Now I cannot get the contacts from yahoo mail to sync with the kindle. Email app/yahoo/settings/sync contacts......is ON. Help?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:17:18 PM PST
DaveL says:
I'm in the same boat! No resolution yet. I have been on the phone with product support for the Kindle Fire HD. What I have found out is that when I made another (new) yahoo email account and added some contacts, it worked! So there is something going on with the orginal yahoo email. Don't know how to fix the issue with my original yahoo email account.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:23:58 PM PST
CloudyGal says:
Well, that's some information. I've got a call into support too, awaiting answer.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:07:20 PM PST
I have the same problem. I went to "Contacts" in my Kindle Fire HD, added a new contact, but that didn't seem to trigger the Kindle to populate my contacts with all my Yahoo contacts. Hmm. Awaiting to see what the rest of you come up with!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 2:10:02 PM PST
CloudyGal says:
Yahoo responded to my inquiry. They are aware of the problem, and their engineers are working on it.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:51:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:53:40 PM PST
DaveL says:
I got a call back from the folks at Kindle and an email message basically outlining the procedure to link my email. I called them back to tell them that I' m beyond that and to no avail in getting my contacts from my original email account to sync. I finally got to someone pretty knowledgeable. Stated this an isolated issue not seen in larger email carriers like Yahoo however it does occur. He took information for the developers and also had me email my datalog from the Kindle for their folks to analyze and develop a solution. I was told to expect a call back on Saturday or Monday. We shall see and I' ll be happy to update.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:48:59 PM PST
CloudyGal says:
My contacts are back. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:02:31 PM PST
What did you do, CloudyGal?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:04:44 PM PST
DaveL, I have Yahoo, so I don't buy into their explanation. Both my wife and I have new Kindle Fire HD's, and neither of us has our contacts in there. Please, please let us know the solution when you get the call!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:47:10 PM PST
Thunderfoot says:
Glad to finally find this post. I've been on the phone for two days with Kindle trying to sort this out for my new Kindle Fire. They had me remove and reinstall the yahoo account within the email app several times yesterday. Interestingly enough, the yahoo contacts suddenly appeared on the Kindle Fire this morning. Then I imported several more into yahoo this morning, and they have yet to show up in the KF. So not sure if there is a time delay or what. This is an older yahoo account, so there must be different software governing the old accounts vs. the new ones.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:56:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:59:32 AM PST
CloudyGal says:
I didn't do anything, they just finally reappeared?!?!? I've been in contact with both Amazon and yahoo. Yahoo said they were working on it, but I was also walked through the emailing of the datalog from my kindle to Amazon. but I have yet to try to add new contacts :/

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:40:16 AM PST
DaveL says:
Just an update: My contacts in my original Yahoo Email account showed up too last night after posting! I did not get in contact with Yahoo so the Kindle folks must have worked something out. I did get an email from Kindle last night too stating that they will be calling on 24 Dec to discuss thier solution. I will follow up with you all.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:11:56 AM PST
Super strange: My contacts suddenly appeared this morning too. Maybe with all of us putting up a stink they made an effort to fix the problem . I will test to see if I add a contact on my computer that it syncs to the Kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:12:10 PM PST
Thunderfoot says:
Update from my previous post: All the changes I made yesterday finally showed up today. So looks like I'm getting a 24-hour lag, but at least they are getting there. One more thing I discovered this morning. To use the calendar app, you have to have an email account set up, and guess what?, if it's yahoo, too bad, not only does it not sync calendars, it doesn't even give you the opportunity to create a calendar. So I had to go create a dummy gmail account, solely for the purposes of setting up the calendar. Sounds like Amazon and Yahoo have a little more integration work to do all around.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:45:18 PM PST
Thanks for that, Thunderfoot. I use Outlook, which syncs with my iPhone calendar, but apparently not with the Kindle calendar. Too bad!

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:56:20 AM PST
Hi I am using this app but struggle to find the main menu to view my folders?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 4:59:37 PM PST
A. Miller says:
My yahoo contacts suddenly appeared this morning, but have not updated since. However, if I update a contact on my fire HD the contacts at yahoo are updated!
Worse is that my Comcast email quit syncing too, and the emails were deleted from my fire!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:12:05 PM PST
Understand this: Amazon is a division of Microsoft! They just write software and throw it against the wall - I guess we are all waiting on Service Pack 3. It finally fixed Windows XP seven (7) years after I bought it. Kindle fire HD should be good in 2017.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 6:54:17 PM PST
I have been unable to send messages from my kindle fire hd (yahoo)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 10:01:03 AM PST
Bill Myers says:
We are having the same problem.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:49:31 AM PST
L. Fruh says:
Lost all my contacts doing an update. Wish I hadn't done that now. Sent several messages. Hope mine miraculously appear like yours have. And I just updated (Feb). It seems to me this is ongoing, not something new and surprising to them.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 3:52:19 PM PST
An Angel says:
I just bought a Kindle 8.9. I use Yahoo for email. I got it to run initially. Then it stopped updating the incoming emails. I cannot figure why. Could use some step-by-step instruction on how to sync my laptop data with my Kindle. Anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 2:57:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013 2:58:56 AM PST
ME to TN says:
I use yahoo email and periodically have problems with it saying it wouldn't authenticate to get messages. I got frustrated with it, so downloaded the Yahoo email app from the Amazon app store. For some reason now, the built in email on the Fire won't authenticate until the Yahoo app email updates to the Fire HD. The Yahoo app works fine, so as long as I can read my email, I don't care if it shows up in two different places on the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 10:33:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 10:34:16 AM PST
Mike says:
After two hours, I figured out that Yahoo and Amazon aren't working together. My yahoo acct was working great and then nothing. This sucks! I need my email and calender.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2013 12:33:24 PM PDT
Cornell Bill says:
I'm new to Kindle Fire HD 7 and have calendar problem cause my email is Bellsouth, that is Yahoo. Sorry to be so dumb, but you set up a dummy account in gmail by just making up a new address in gmail?
Four months since your post. Any other resolution since you know of?
Thanks and cheers!
Bill Herz
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
New Kindles! 90 2 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 4874 2 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 5806 4 minutes ago
Kindle fire...can't unlock 21 4 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Wed/Thurs Sept 17 & 18, 2014 125 5 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage .. the return of.. wait for it... page turn buttons 151 10 minutes ago
How long does your kindle take to charge? 178 18 minutes ago
Harper Collins is using a digital watermark on all ebooks to prevent piracy 28 19 minutes ago
BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #3 2129 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions