Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Touch won't find wi-fi networks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 28, 2012 10:58:00 AM PDT
Up until recently, my Kindle Touch (Wi-fi only) would always find multiple wi-fi networks around my house. But starting yesterday, it would not find any- only displaying the "No Wi-Fi networks were found" message. I know my router is working because my phone and laptop are connecting properly. I've tried charging it and a reboot, but that hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Posted on May 28, 2012 11:27:31 AM PDT
Did you do the hard reset? Hold your power button for 30 seconds (time it!!!). Wait until the Kindle is through rebooting and then try to find your networks again.

Your phone and laptop may be working fine, but your router may need a power cycle to recognize that Kindle. Just pull the power cord for 30 seconds and then wait until the lights settle down (usually about 2 minutes) and then check again.

If these two things don't fix the issue, contact Kindle support by clicking on help at the top of the page and then the contact us button on the next page.

Posted on May 28, 2012 1:44:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 14, 2012 6:52:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 1:53:39 PM PDT
Fud, many people live in apartments/ town houses and will see all their neighbour's networks. If her laptop and phone are accessing the Internet, then the Kindle should see at least one network.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:47:26 PM PDT
K. Fisher says:
Im having the same problem. Any soln?

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:48:18 PM PDT
K. Fisher says:
Im having the same problem. Any soln?

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 11:22:39 PM PDT
After contacting CS, they told me to reset my kindle to factory defaults. This worked, but wiped out all of my collections (they weren't backed up).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 5:06:12 PM PDT
I can't even get my archived items back. I thought they were there forever? Resetting to factory defaults is the only thing that worked, but where are the books I already own?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 5:15:03 PM PDT
❤ Ann says:
@Michelle - Did you re-register your Kindle to your account after you reset it? If so, your archived items list should populate when you turn on your wireless and sync. If that's not happening, you may not have the Kindle registered correctly.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 2:26:44 AM PST
Jan Szhilavi says:
My Kindle Touch suddenly could not see my wi-fi network after working perfectly for several months. After trying everything suggested on forums, without success, I took the ultimate drastic step of resetting to factory settings. This fixed the problem immediately. Re-populating my library was no problem. All of my library now appeared in Archived Items. Tapping on any of the library books results in an instant (re)download into the device and I am back in business.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 5:47:56 PM PST
stargork says:
Up until recently, my Kindle Touch (Wi-fi only) would always find multiple wi-fi networks around my house. But starting yesterday, it would not find any- only displaying the "No Wi-Fi networks were found" message. I know my router is working because my phone and laptop are connecting properly. I've tried charging it and a reboot, but that hasn't worked. Any ideas? I did the hard reset and the items recently purchased that I was attempting to download appeared but it still won't connect to my wireless. HELP!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:50:13 PM PST
stargork says:
I did this and when I turned my kindle back on it had my new material downloaded but I still can't connect to the wi-fi and I have no idea how my items appeared.

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 10:38:47 AM PDT
Alma R. Gome says:
My kindle touch has been working fine for a few months and now it finds wifi networks but it cannot connect to them and sometines it cant even find them. And even in tje library I cannot connect it always says wifi error can someone please help me!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2013 10:41:14 AM PDT
Have you tried the hard re-set, explained in this thread?

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 10:51:38 AM PDT
Alma R. Gome says:
I have a kindle touch and it has been connecting to wifi really well for a few months and just recently it can sometimes find wifi networks but it cannot connect to them it always says wifi error abd it does that when I am in a public place too! I dont understand why this happens I tried restarting it but wont let me register back to my account because I need wifi. Can anyone help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2013 10:55:18 AM PDT
I think you need to call Kindle Customer Service.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2013 11:01:04 AM PDT
Alma R. Gome says:
Ok thanks I will see what they can do

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 4:34:16 PM PDT
Cory Madigan says:
I am having the same issue. Hard reset doesn't solve it. Will not factory reset when I hit that button.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  May 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions