Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Audible App Error: Connection failed. No Network Available

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 1:26:25 PM PDT
Hi, I'm having a lot of problems with my Kindle Fire. I use it only for Audible audiobooks. I listen in the car thru my car stereo. It works great in the morning when I leave home. But in the afternoon on the way home I get an error message that says connection failed. No network available. I just want to listen to a book that I have already downloaded, why would I need a network connection?. I have looked all thru the menu to see if there is something I can uncheck. I am about ready to cancel my audible membership and go back to buying CD's to listen to in the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 1:56:47 PM PDT
Is this on the 1st gen Kindle Fire? If so, it does that to me every time I open the Audible App without having wi fi on. I just tap "okay" and tap the screen behind the message (with all the audiobooks listed) and it doesn't come up again. Then, I can pick whichever downloaded audiobook I want to listen to...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 2:56:31 PM PDT
yes, first gen kindle fire. I can tap OK all day long and keep getting the error message. Nothing I do will get me past the error message. It keeps coming up until I get home and it detects the wifi. I've tried taping the screen behing the message and nothing happens. It just won't get past the error message and won't let me listen to anything. It works beautiful on the way to work but is useless on the way home. I just can't figure out how to get past the error message.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:03:06 PM PDT
Let me play with my 1st gen Fire when i get home from work and I'll post back with exactly what I did.

In the meantime, have you ever done a hard reboot on your Fire? Might help, it's worth a shot:

With the Fire charged but unplugged from the charger, press and hold the power button for 30 full seconds. After the Fire cycles off completely, press the power button once to turn it back on.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:04:26 PM PDT
Just thought, there may also be a setting in the app that tells it to check for new downloads on starting the app. If you can connect to wi fi, you might see if there is such a setting within the app and disable it. I'll see what I can find too.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:17:03 PM PDT
yes, I have done a hard reboot. Several times. You wouldn't believe how much time I've spent looking thru the settings. I'm stumped. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:19:32 PM PDT
Okay. I'll post again as soon as I get home and can play with it.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:07:32 PM PDT
Okay. What I did is to NOT click "okay" on the connection failed message, and instead click off on another part of the screen. The message closed and the screen with my audiobooks was then accessible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:11:15 PM PDT
thanks, i will try it, i had/have the same problem as the OP

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:12:15 PM PDT
I'm saying "click" but I should say "tap". I've got to get used to touchscreens! LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:23:49 PM PDT
thank you so much for your help. I can't wait to try it next time I get the error message. which will be the next time I am away from home and try to listen to a book. Here's hoping it works for me. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:29:59 PM PDT
I'm crossing my fingers. Please post back with the results!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:39:10 AM PST
This is really frustrating! I have the error all the time but then when I finally ask for help I have 3 workdays in a row where I don't get the error and have a chance to see if your suggestion works for me! I know I will get the error eventually though and will post back with the results. I am grateful for your help and will let you know as soon as I can if I can get past the error message.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:21:00 PM PST
Your solution works! Thank you so much for your help!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:30:06 PM PST
Yeah! Good to know :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions