Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD Instagram

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 7:32:18 AM PST
Steven says:
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB

I think Amazon should include an instagram app to enhanse the camera usage and to provide users to use this app on the kindle fire hd instead of getting an android or ios phone. If this get into consideration i will use it all the time. What do you people out there think?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:34:54 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I think the people who make Instagram has to add it to the Amazon Appstore. I personally hate it when apps are added to Android devices as part of the default set up and can't be removed.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 8:14:33 AM PST
Duplicate threads - http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=TxSYHGLMS0WDKN

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:56 AM PST
Andrea says:
I wish they would make instagram free I mean come on. On all the other devices it's free
.I just think it would be a whole lot better!!!! PLEASE CHANGE PRICE

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:34:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 7:35:56 PM PST
Michelle says:
I bought the InstaFire app and it doesn't even have a take or upload picture function. No other photo apps upload to Instagram from the kindle either ):

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:35:32 AM PST
E. york says:
I upgraded to the kfhd because I thought I would enjoy apps like instagram. I am very disappointed that about every other tablet can get this app except the kfhd!!! this is ridiculous .. PLEASE ADD IT TO THE APP STORE!!!!!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 10:29:50 PM PST
Raishawn says:
I definitely agree with some of you on the price. On every other device instagram is free but in the amazon store its like $3. It makes no sense at all. I think they're just out for money to be honest. But hopefully at some point they do make it free. Atleast for a month& watch how many costumers get it then

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:24:50 PM PST
Bari says:
Instagram's API doesn't allow for uploading pix, which is why the Kindle Fire version is a "VIEW ONLY" app....it's in the description of EVERY IG app in the Amazon Appstore....

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 3:29:32 PM PST
wtffff! im pissed ig is not offered on my kfhd! if thats the case i should have bought an ipad

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:54:44 PM PST
Phillygirl says:
I was able to sideload a fully functioning Instagram app to my KF HD 8.9 using instructions found on H2Tech's youtube channel - able to upload pics and everything. I can't post a link to the video, but if you search for it you should be able to find it.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 8:47:49 PM PDT
S. Wong says:
There's a process called sideloading where you can install any app from the google play market on to the kindle fire. It doesn't require any modifications. I created an easy tutorial on how to install instagram onto your kindle fire. http://kindlefiregamer.blogspot.com/2013/02/tutorial-how-to-install-instagram-to.html

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 6:10:56 PM PDT
P. Dunn says:
What was the search term?

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 11:27:58 PM PDT
ladiiweez says:
I have the KFHD and i also have Instagram!!! I spent hours one night YouTube'in videos on how to do it no avail. Finally i googled "how to get instagram on my KFHD" and found a site that shows you how to do it step by step with pictures and also without having to root it (whatever that means)!!!! All the time i spent trying the various offers people explained like the jelly bean, ice cream, routing, 4shared... we etc was such a waste. Any way I'm all too excited to share with others how to do it!!! Visit this site for LITERALLY 3 easy steps! and you will be able to have instagram, youtube.. and whatever other app the andriod markets has!!! http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loading-apps-on-kindle-fire.html

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2013 9:51:41 PM PDT
ladiiweez says:
http://www.lovemyfire.com/side-loading-apps-on-kindle-fire.html this site shows you how to get it.. three easy steps!!

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 6:56:00 AM PDT
DestinyDK says:
Can we please get instagram on kindle fire hd. Im so unset that i cant get on instagram but i can get on stupid instafire.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2013 7:36:15 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 22, 2013 7:36:29 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2013 7:38:41 AM PDT
did you not read any of the posts BEFORE you posted? one poster gave the solution just above yours. Pretty simple.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 5:46:18 PM PDT
i downloaded it
. u cant take pictures are u talking about instafire

Posted on May 11, 2013 6:48:54 PM PDT
You can sideload the instagram app from other sources. I got it from 1mobile.com. It seems to work great on my Fire HD.

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 10:56:43 AM PDT
Molly Wood says:
I go onto a website called android drawer to download the instagram app. It's absolutely fine.

Posted on Aug 26, 2013 8:01:25 PM PDT
I have a kindle fire 8.9 and I have an instagram on it but my camera got stuck in the back camera but I can't turn it around how can I turn it back around so I can have videos

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 6:42:59 PM PDT
Erin jord says:
Amazon needs an instagram app really badly because I really want to get on instagram please amazon or who ever put instagram on amazon

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2013 8:01:27 PM PDT
hi Eric im brooke I know the app store dosent have an INSTAGRAM app so download (file manager free) after u get on there go on to snowmobile.com and download instagram free, after u download it go on your app file manager and there should be the word instagram (it will be it's own file) click that's it every time u want to get on instagram u will need to pic I install then it will say something that u don't need to worry about, then push open and done your on instagram I hope u have fun if u have any questions ask me and follow me at (myloveforwolves)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2013 3:42:17 PM PDT
P. Dunn says:
An easy way to get all the better apps, is to sideload apps. look it up on youtube. there is a website called 1mobile.com and u just have to download the app store.. just make sure u go to ur settings and allow outside sources. (: it works perfect!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2013 6:27:41 PM PDT
Kutzeh says:
I am a senior citizen so not entirely knowledgeable about the kindle fire hd, my question.can you send pictures taken by the kindle in an email or someway/ i tried sending by comcast email but no luck. How can I do this ? I follow directions well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions