Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

power off or keep on

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 4:47:02 PM PST
hi are we supposed to keep the kindle fire hd on and let it go int o sleep mode when not in use or power on and off
thanks

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:51:59 PM PST
On the paperwhite 3g there are recommendations on the bottom of the screen that I don't want. Anyone know how to get rid of them. I bought the one without special offers so I wouldn't have to see anything that I didn't want to and now this stuff. Help?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:55:42 PM PST
Melissa, you can just let it sleep, but you should turn the WiFi off first to conserve the battery.

You shouldn't let the battery go too low either, you can plug it in overnight with no worries.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:59:49 PM PST
Cindy, if your Paperwhite has the latest update, you can turn those Recommendations off. To see what version your Paperwhite is running, tap the 3 lines in the top right corner, then Settings, then the 3 lines again, then Device Info. Your Firmware version will show there. If it says 5.3.0, you have the latest update and can shut them off.

Look under Personalize Your Kindle on that main menu page that appears when you tap the 3 lines. (menu icon) Turn off Recommended Content.

If you don't have the latest update, you can turn the WiFi and the update will be pushed out to your device at some point.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions