Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I'm so done with reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 3:45:39 AM PST
Jason Smith says:
I've sat and wasted my time righting reviews on like 20 different books by 20 different authors only to have amazon remove them all for no reason. I'm not much of a writer so for me to decide to write anything is pretty amazing. And for amazon to just delete my hours of blood and sweat :-) really annoys me. So from now on I'm keeping my opinions to myself. Ok, i'm done venting.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:50:09 AM PST
Fud53 says:
So how many other places did you put this rant?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:04:14 AM PST
I shall alert the media. Would you rather have balloons or confetti?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:07:44 AM PST
FRW says:
And...?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:14:47 AM PST
Sarida says:
Jason,

I don't set Amazon policy so I cannot address that, however, I can make one suggestion. Just for your own personal enrichment, you may wish to take a writing class from your local vo-tech or community college. If you have written twenty reviews, it is possible you enjoy writing, but are not confident enough in your skills to make a better impression.

In fact, my local vo-tech even offers writing classes online, so I would not even have to make the drive if I wished to enroll and attend classes. I am sure you have noticed that the more you read, the better your writing skills have become. You have punctuation and spelling errors in your original post, and I'd like to suggest that you proof your posts before posting and clean up the errors and see if that makes a difference on what Amazon accepts.

Or it could be that you are being a jerk, and they just don't like the content :)

If you enjoy writing, but simply do not have the skills, there are adult writing classes available.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:17:28 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
maybe your real name is thae name of an author?

I read that amazon is removing all author reviews

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:30:57 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
How many Jason Smiths could there be out there. Not a very common name at all ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:35:00 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
7 ebooks by an author of that name (not all the same person)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:37:36 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2012 4:37:52 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:38:22 AM PST
Dang it. Meant to edit, not delete.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:54:01 AM PST
Debi says:
Considering some of the reviews I've seen I can't believe they remove anything. LOL
So I'm curious what books did you review?

I don't take much stock in reviews anyway, mostly for comic relief.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:22:52 AM PST
//rant on// I was going to say, before my Fire glitched (I need to learn to not try to post any more than 1 line when using the Fire. There's a design flaw, there...),

...that I just reviewed a book that sucked sweaty donkey testicles, and said so (only much more nicely). The author, using a sock-puppet (you could tell, because it was a derivation of the author's name, both first and last, like anyone over the age of 9 couldn't figure THAT out), came on there, and threw a tantrum, because I said I didn't like the book.

The review system is to help readers decide if they'd like a book. If you like the sound of the book description, but dislike my review, go for the book! If you're dubious about the book, but like my review, and think we might be like-minded in book tastes, then probably you can skip the book.

It is not up to the author (or their friends, or their family, or their sock-puppets) to challenge the reviewer and say, "How dare you 1) not love my baby and 2) SAY you don't like it?!?" It's sad and unprofessional.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:23:24 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
Weird. I read "righting reviews" as meaning that the OP spent time pointing out things about other reviews where he didn't agree. Or something along that line. That seemed to add an interesting twist to the story. Oh well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:24:36 AM PST
Actually, that's exactly what some people do. "WHAT?!? You must be crazy! This book RAWKS. Who cares about spelling?"

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:27:52 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
I love the reviews that seem to be part of a class assignment that were written by students, especially the variants on: my teacher made me read this book and it was really boring and I hated it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:29:26 AM PST
"I wanted to read Blood Effects, instead!"

Just kidding. No one wants to read Blood Effects.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:36:58 AM PST
"why woulnd't i want to read blood effects asked danny."

OMG the sample was horrible, I can't imagine reading the whole book

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:38:45 AM PST
Hater.

(Read the review comments)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:40:27 AM PST
I did, I love the people defending the author (who were the author) also didn't believe in punctuation. Was she attached by a comma at some point and has decided to punish all commas by never using them?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:43:59 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
The abuse of quote marks made my head explode.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:44:23 AM PST
So it would appear, and Lord knows what all those quotation marks did to offend, that they should be constantly banished to places they shouldn't be.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:44:30 AM PST
GMTA

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:49:24 AM PST
Surveyah says:
YIKES - I just sampled Blood Effects......head....desk....head....desk......ahhhh.....now I feel better :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:51:25 AM PST
Cassie Anne says:
>>>It is not up to the author (or their friends, or their family, or their sock-puppets) to challenge the reviewer and say, "How dare you 1) not love my baby and 2) SAY you don't like it?!?" It's sad and unprofessional.

This. A thousand times this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:51:56 AM PST
It replaces my previous favorite, which was Endurance: Revised special edition. Destined to be a classic, I tell you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions