Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Fully deleting book from cloud on kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2012 8:07:11 AM PST
djpayn says:
I have had my kindle fire (2nd gen but not HD) for almost a full year. I have almost 2,000 books on it and recently went through the process of deleting alot of them not only on the kindle but in the manage your kindle section of amazon. That was a week ago. My kindle has synced many times since then plus been fully turned off a few times, but i still notice that the books i "thought" i deleted are still sitting on my kindle with the little arrow in the bottom right corner wanting me to download them again.
i would like to understand WHY these books have not disappeared from my kindle. Again, they only show up under the cloud tab on my fire - not on the device tab.
Anyone who can help me not only understand but also figure out how to permanently remove these would be doing me an amazing favor. thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:12:08 AM PST
 nospin  says:
Do they show up on your http://amazon.com/myk ?

You have the original Fire as the 2nd gen did not come out until 9/12.

Try a hard reset by holding the power button in for 30 seconds.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:35:56 AM PST
djpayn says:
Thank you Nospin for the info about having the original and 2nd gen fire. I was unaware of that and sincerely thought i had a 2nd gen. That info will help me in the future. I did the hard reset and did not see the previously deleted books in the cloud anymore and when i checked the manage your kindle section all traces of the books were gone. So thank you VERY MUCH for your help and information. That was driving me crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:57:06 AM PST
 nospin  says:
You are most welcome.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:33:19 PM PST
PF says:
I am having the same problem only mine in on my ipad with the kindle app. I've deleted the books through amazon on my computer and deleted from the device, but they still show up in cloud on my ipad. Anyone know an answer to this?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions