Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

fire HD LTE not recognizing wireless,LTE, downloading books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 9:26:27 PM PST
pjf says:
I'm used to silk being flaky and dropping tabs, so much that I use my HP touchpad for web browsing rather than my new fire, mostly using the new fire as an ereader. But it also has balked at downloading books more than once. Tonight again it indicated it was connected to WiFi, but I could not get it to download new purchases. I finally rebooted it, and then it downloaded the books. Anyone else see this?

I keep hoping for a software upgrade to address these quirks. My original fire never has this problem.

Btw, the LTE had bars, but it wasn't kicking in either, presumably because the WiFi was connected.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:35:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:36:16 PM PST
pjf says:
hmmm, if no one else has experienced this, maybe mine has a glitch. I was hoping it was just software, so I did not have to go thru the hassle of exchanging it

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:41:29 PM PST
Pretzels! says:
I just received my HD8.9 yesterday, and signed up for LTE last night. If it's flaky, I'll post here. Are you downloading books from multiple sources, and they're all glitchy?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:57:24 PM PST
pjf says:
just amazon, and most of the time it Does work on WiFi or LTE. But then at times it is either like the 8.9's antenna stops receiving or some software issue causes it to not be able to download books. I thought the frequent tab drops were related to that, but I know now that is just the silk browser because those browser issues do not happen on dolphin.. What is causing the book download issue I don't know
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions