Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

RAOK 43, where pointy sticks come to rest

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2012 3:43:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2012 3:45:08 PM PDT
Welcome to the new room. There is a lockable cupboard by the door for you to leave your pointy stick in, Stone:)

To quote our founder Virgoddess (to remember why this thread was started - over 1 year ago): "The point of this thread is to spread the word. What "we" do is click on a username of a poster (any poster in the forum) and scroll to the bottom, find their wish list. If you click on a book *in* their wish list, you can send it to them - without exposing your email address to them, or theirs to you.

To participate, you don't have to do a thing (except make sure your wish list is public!). You are under no obligation to buy anyone anything. You can post here, if you'd like to thank the person that sent you a gift. You can just join in our chit chat, too. The point is to be positive, and hopefully bring a smile to someone's face. This isn't about repaying, or anything like that. It's about giving - a shoulder, a book, a smile.

SOME TIPS: To send a book, simply click on the username here in the forum of the person you want to gift to. Scroll down, and you will hopefully see their wish list. Click on "see all x items" to pull up their entire list (do NOT click a book jacket from their profile page). You will see a yellow button, under the title saying "give as a gift" and click that. It will take you to the message screen, where you can change the "from" name, and add a note. Their email address will be "hidden" for privacy, but it will be sent to them.

To make your wish list public, pull up the list and there is a quick link on the upper right of every page, titled "Wish List" directly under the "Your Account" link. Click that. It will take you to your wish list. Directly under the title of your wish list, you will see a drop down menu, titled "Manage this list". Click that, and in the drop down, click "Change Privacy Settings" and make sure it says "Make list public".

SAFETY TIPS and INFORMATION: Follow the above instructions to get to your wish list. Again, click the "Manage this list" drop down menu. This time, select "Edit Settings" and this will bring you to a screen that shows your privacy settings. The name you see on the Name line is the name that is shown to people you GIFT books to. Simply change it to the name you're comfortable with and save. This will prevent your full name from being displayed on your gifts. To make your wish list visible from your profile, you have to go into your profile and edit it. You need to change the middle section (wish list and registries) to show everyone. If you have that set to private but your wish list public, others can find your wish list through the search, but not your profile. If you change that wish list setting on your profile to everyone, you'll be good to go. That just makes the list visible from the profile, it doesn't change any other privacy settings you have. So to change your Account Name, you'd have to go to Your Account in the upper right corner then Change Account Settings and edit your name. This won't affect anything that I can see except what it shows at the top of the page when it says "Hi Cyndie" instead of "Hi Cyndie MyLastName". And all people will see on their Digital Orders that send me any gifts is Cyndie, not Cyndie MyLastName."

Also, RAOK's don't have to be books. They can be anything you do here or off the forum in your actual lives to do something nice for someone. No one is "keeping score" either. If someone does something nice for you, just find a way to pass it on.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:43:45 PM PDT
Finally, an opportunity to stop in and say Hi!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:44:14 PM PDT
Loz says:
Hello to the new room! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:44:53 PM PDT
Hello and good to see you:)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:45:12 PM PDT
ha ha ha!!!! love the title NL, nicely done! and you got last post in the other thread
: )

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:46:15 PM PDT
I did, I hope this is an omen for tomorrow:) Big project start-up meeting, and I am not feeling prepped for it at all. Here's hoping the mini-monster gets a good night's sleep so I do, too:)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:46:21 PM PDT
ha ha wow im still lol at the OP

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:46:44 PM PDT
you'll do great i bet

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:46:56 PM PDT
seedlady says:
heehee . the title made me laugh!

don't poke me- i'm fragile!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:47:19 PM PDT
Thank you. Now good night and sweet dreams, all - except Loz, who should probably try to stay awake;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:48:02 PM PDT
have a good rest NL
again you did great

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:48:20 PM PDT
Loz says:
Night NL! My work today is going to be boring, so it will be a struggle! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:48:22 PM PDT
i know, its hilarious!
; D

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:49:29 PM PDT
need Lenora to pop in now, i havent seen her lately

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:52:08 PM PDT
Denise says:
love it, NL :)

*puts a shiny gold star on NL's pretty little forehead*

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:52:08 PM PDT
She is on FB more than here, still, posted in the group there earlier today.

Just checked my e-mail before I went to bed and realized I was tracking raok for the last 25 posts or so, panicked and thought it was this one and went here, couldn't find any way to turn off tracking, panicked some more as I envisioned 10000 posts hitting my email, then realised I must have clicked on tracking 42 right before it closed... Close call!!

Now I am off for real, night again:)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:52:41 PM PDT
*Makes sure to wash only lower part of face before bed so as not to disturb gold star*

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:53:51 PM PDT
i'll have to go to fb and find her, thanks NL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:54:08 PM PDT
smart
; )

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:57:00 PM PDT
Tris (Jadi) says:
Does everyone have to leave their pointy sticks in the cupboard?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:57:39 PM PDT
its said stone....
: (
hi jadi!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:58:21 PM PDT
wow hi MsChievous, how have you been?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:58:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2012 3:59:14 PM PDT
Denise says:
No. Just Squigs. (eta: and I have an extra one set aside that she might be able to reach...)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:59:30 PM PDT
Tris (Jadi) says:
Hello Stone. I just wanted to make sure I could have mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 4:00:39 PM PDT
oh thank you Denise
; )
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 401 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
How long does your kindle take to charge? 218 9 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 1945 23 minutes ago
Select Covers Won't Show Up on Android App Carousel 0 29 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - February 2016 377 30 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 6552 35 minutes ago
How to transfer my own azw3 files into iPad Kindle app? 41 56 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 537 57 minutes ago
Kindle Fire - Set home page? 28 1 hour ago
Kindle fire hd 3 2 hours ago
how to connect kindle fire hd to windows xp 29 2 hours ago
Does Kindle Paperwhite have the infamous 'blue light' that disrupts sleep? 136 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  10001
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions