Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Organization in the cloud? Can in be done? Is there an APP for that?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 1:14:37 AM PST
I have the original Kindle Fire and I have an app to put my books in collections and it works pretty well. Only problem is, I am starting to get close to having no space left on the hard drive since I have to download the books to put them in collections. I can't really afford to upgrade my KF yet much as i might like too ;) So I'm open to suggestions!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:30:36 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope there is no way to organize the cloud. The ebooks in the cloud are stored on Amazon servers, a app on the Kindle would not work. Amazon would have to rework thier servers and add organization tools.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:03:48 AM PST
GreyDay says:
Completely unorganized archives (No collections) is the second biggest flaw in their cloud. The biggest is how it crashes when it gets too large. I don't even use their cloud any more. Whispernet is always turned off for my kindle keyboard and I use Calibre to manage my books and sideload everything. Unfortunately that is not an option I believe for the Fires.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:13:12 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
you can sideload books

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:44:59 AM PST
Like greyday, I use Calibre to organize and manage my ebook library and, yes, it works fine with the Fire. You can read about it and dowload it here: http://www.howtogeek.com/73979/how-to-organize-your-ebook-collection-with-calibre/ .

I have mine linked to a free dropbox online storage account which provides me with access to my library anyplace in the world where I have an internet connection and eliminates the need to use Amazon's cloud. Here's how to set it up: http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/create-your-own-cloud-of-ebooks-with-calibre-calibre-opds-dropbox/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:22:08 AM PST
Thanks so much for the info everyone! I knew great minds had already been hard at work on this. Boo to Amazon on this issue!! I mean seriously...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions