Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Tues. Nov. 13, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 112 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 3:33:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 3:34:50 AM PST
Irish M says:
Good morning! I almost forgot to start! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! I looked at the clock on my computer and thought, isn't there something you should be doing? Very bare bones! Enjoy the day everyone!

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/
http://us.kinlib.com/feed/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

Please come back and tell us what you get from the free links. Or if you've read a previously Free book drop in and tell what you thought of it...

** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS **
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starter Schedule:

Courtney - Wednesday, November 14 Start Time 12:30 EST
Adams - Thursday, Nov 15th Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
Robb - Friday, Nov 16th Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
TnT - Saturday, Nov 17th Start Time 7-8 CST at latest
DonnaBeeGood - Sunday, November 18th Start Time 11:30pm MST on November 17th
Leonard Little - Monday, November 19 Start Time 12:30 am PST
Zoo Keeper - Tuesday, Nov 20th Start Time 6-7 am EST
Robb - Thursday, November 22 Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
Kay Kay - Friday, November 23 Start Time 12:30-1:30 am EST
Kay Kay - Saturday, November 24 Start Time 12:30-1:30 am EST
Leonard Little - Monday, November 26 Start Time 12:30 am PST
Lover of Books - Friday, Nov. 30 Start Time 12:30am PST

Open Dates:
Wednesday, November 21
Sunday, November 25
Tuesday, November 27
Wednesday, November 28
Thursday, November 29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info. Thank You!

Link to yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=TxT9XJCVR4N0UX

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:37:18 AM PST
mebe says:
Thank You

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:13:23 AM PST
JudyD says:
Thanks, Irish M. A few to start the day from my wish list:

The Recruit: A Jack Noble Short Story - 27 pages - Publication Date: September 13, 2012
In late summer of 1994, Jack Noble, a former All-American quarterback, is in the middle of the toughest event he's ever taken part in. Marine Corps Recruit Training.
After eight weeks he's managed to make enemies of every drill instructor and every recruit in his platoon.
Then on one particularly humid South Carolina day, an odd sequence of events changes everything.
Contains an excerpt of Noble Intentions: Episode 1.
Length: 5000 words

Case Theory (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #2) - 27 pages - Publication Date: April 24, 2012
SHORT STORY. Assistant D.A. David Brunelle has a problem: a woman and her child have been murdered, a killer is in custody, but something doesn't add up. Namely, the bullets. Either the cops botched the crime scene, or there's more going on than Brunelle knows. He'll need to figure it out quick, before the defense attorney walks a murderer out the door.

The Great Bedroom War (Book Two of The Return to Redemption series) - 234 pages - Publication Date: July 11, 2012
Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® Finalist
She's trying to forget the pleasure in her ex's arms
He's doing his damnedest to remind her
Fledgling entrepreneur Samantha Riverà is in charge of her own life for the first time and determined to keep it that way. She's attempting to banish her call-all-the-shots ex-husband from her dreams, but it's kind of tough forgetting the Zorro look-alike who's willing to do anything for her, except give her the only two things she wants--another baby and his love. When their 14-year-old daughter Dani--who's maintaining a shaky remission from leukemia--rebels, Sam foolishly seeks advice from her Don Juan ex, who, incidentally, could charm the knickers off a nun.
When Nicolàs Riverà returns to Redemption, PA, to help control his defiant daughter, he discovers he not only has serious competition for Sam's affection, but Dani has a crush on a boy who is the last kid Nick wants her interested in. The boy is a horn-dog rebel who reminds Nick way to much of his teen-aged self.
Sam never understood that, to a second-generation Latino man, familial responsibility is número uno. She also has no concept of how terrified this reformed bad-boy and businessman is of losing her to another high-risk pregnancy. The death of their premature son devastated Nick, and his refusal to sire another child incited The Great Bedroom War that ultimately destroyed his marriage. Now, he'll stop at nothing to get his family back--even if it means blackmailing his way back into his ex-wife's home to become a greater presence in his sick child's life--and, with any luck, Samantha's bed and heart.
Approximately 83,000 words

Fire Heart (The Titans: Book One) - 543 pages - Publication Date: September 7, 2012
When mercenary Will Blackmane discovers that he is the living embodiment of a Titan - a god from an age all but forgotten - his world comes crashing down around him. Hounded relentlessly by the beings who drove his kind into exile, he must become the leader the world needs and unite the warring nations of Pallamar under one banner if he and his allies are to survive. His only chance of success rests with the other Titans, finally returned after five hundred years of hiding - and with Clare, an extraordinary soldier from an annihilated city far to the west. The growing bond between them is a strange and unexpected one, but it may be all that stands between them and the encroaching darkness.

Off to an early morning meeting. Will try to stop in later. Hope everyone has a healthy, pain-free, and happy day!

Judy

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:45:05 AM PST
TerryInTexas says:
Hey everybody, according to myy tweets, there Will be a kindle device lightning deal TODAY. Shopper alert......

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:02:07 AM PST
B.J. says:
TnT, good morning. I'll try to help keep watch for the deal. No hints yet. Looks like I'm up to buy another Kindle for Christmas, so anything might help.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:47:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 5:50:22 AM PST
Courtney says:
I wondered if the deals were Kindle related since there are no details.

For those looking for Dr. Pepper with real sugar, have you checked around Passover? We always see the big sodas with real sugar at that time of year.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:22:35 AM PST
robb says:
Irish I did wonder since it was so quiet. But I am glad that you remembered.

A start is a start. And they are all good. :)

off to see if there are any books that look interesting.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:40:10 AM PST
*nospin* says:
Thanks for starting

WIRED (a NY Times Bestseller) tech thriller

Daddy's Home (A Holly Jennings Thriller) thriller previously available in April

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:52:57 AM PST
Mo says:
Hi all,

So far not much for me.

Have a good day all.

@Nospin: don't forget to check your e-mail :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:01:27 AM PST
*nospin* says:
Thanks Mo.
I am hoping my eyes cooperate today.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:09:36 AM PST
Lyn says:
Starter Schedule:

Courtney - Wednesday, November 14 Start Time 12:30 EST
Adams - Thursday, Nov 15th Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
Robb - Friday, Nov 16th Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
TnT - Saturday, Nov 17th Start Time 7-8 CST at latest
DonnaBeeGood - Sunday, November 18th Start Time 11:30pm MST on November 17th
Leonard Little - Monday, November 19 Start Time 12:30 am PST
Zoo Keeper - Tuesday, Nov 20th Start Time 6-7 am EST
Robb - Wednesday, November 21 Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
Robb - Thursday, November 22 Start Time 11pm to Midnight PST
Kay Kay - Friday, November 23 Start Time 12:30-1:30 am EST
Kay Kay - Saturday, November 24 Start Time 12:30-1:30 am EST
Leonard Little - Monday, November 26 Start Time 12:30 am PST
Lover of Books - Friday, Nov. 30 Start Time 12:30am PST

Open Dates:

Sunday, November 25
Tuesday, November 27
Wednesday, November 28
Thursday, November 29
Friday, November 30
Saturday, December 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info. Thank You!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:15:52 AM PST
Thank you for the start Irish M. I'm running late this morning too.
Some of my picks before work today:

Mandarin Yellow (Socrates Cheng mysteries) - Steven M. Roth - Mystery/Thriller
RomCon - Valerie Seimas - Contemporary Fiction
WIRED (a NY Times Bestseller) - Douglas E. Richards - Mystery/Thriller
Pas de Death - L.M. Vincent - Mystery/Thriller
Picture Perfect - Lucie Simone - Mystery/Thriller
Seductive Viennese Whirl (Emma's Contemporary Comedy Romance) - Emma Kaufmann - Romance

See you after work!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:20:46 AM PST
*nospin* says:
Mo and Rose Red-
Thank you so much for your gifts and messages of condolence.
This community is so special with such wonderful people as you and I feel honored to be a part of it.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:31:24 AM PST
Suze says:
Thanks Irish M! Have a good day everybody.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:37:18 AM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
Irish M, thank you for the start this morning. Late or early, frills or no frills, it all counts once it's there. Hope you have a good day.

I didn't find very much this morning, maybe I'm slipping.

Det. Jason Strong; The Early Cases

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:43:10 AM PST
bethcross says:
@Nospin - I am happy to come here and see you again! I have missed you, but that is my fault, not yours!

First, I would like to thank the following, because without their posts I wouldn't have gotten the books THEY found and I didn't! That's why I don't just go with the eReaderIQ email, but check here as well because others find things I don't.
@Robb - thanks for Silver Hollow
@DonnaBeeGood - thanks for Mandarin Yellow (Socrates Cheng mysteries)

Otherwise, not too much out there today. I picked up:
Free Gift With Purchase (I got this because I have decided that being single in my late 40's is now inevitable and the thought of the dating scene just depresses me more than I can say. . .maybe this book will make me laugh because my current situation certainly doesn't)
My Forever Girl -- The Curse of Fin Milton Novella (In The Shadow of Etherea) (not sure what this is except a novella with some tie-in to a previously offered free book)
Music Speaks

That's it for today, unless you guys come up with something more exciting!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:03:01 AM PST
Courtney says:
Continuing on my fairy tale kick:
Snow White Blood Red ( A Grimm Diaries Prequel #1 ) This Grimm Diaries Prequels are a number of short books in the form of epistolary diary entries. The diaries are more of teasers for the upcoming series:
The Grimm Diaries, allowing you to get a glimpse of what to expect of the series.

The first book in the Series will be out in January 2013, called SNOW WHITE SORROW.

Series Description:

The Grimm Diaries are pages written in a Book of Sand, where each fairy tale character confessed the true stories once altered by the Brothers Grimm two centuries ago. To keep the truth about fairy tales hidden, the Brothers Grimm buried the characters in their dreams to never wake up again. But the curse was broken and they allowed to wake up every one hundred years.

We had a previous one of these recently.
Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries #3) Even though they work right next door to each other, Cindy and Jeremiah come from two different worlds. Cindy is a church secretary; Jeremiah is a Reformed rabbi with a mysterious past full of danger and excitement. Together they have faced down a serial killer at Easter and a murderer of homeless people.The two unlikely companions continue to forge a strong friendship as they explore personal history and faith with each passing adventure.This third volume in the Psalm 23 Mysteries series finds Jeremiah and Cindy matching wits with an unscrupulous land developer. In a fast-paced story set around St. Patrick's Day, murder invades an idyllic landscape, challenging them to save hundreds of teens even as they try to discover the source of their unexpected danger.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:33:20 AM PST
*nospin* says:
Death By A HoneyBee (Josiah Reynolds Mystery 1) (A Josiah Reynolds Mystery) cost mystery type

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:51:17 AM PST
i am posting from my new kindle fire hd.
i have not used a tablet before. so far so good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:53:55 AM PST
Tyger0902 says:
I also found the latest prequel released on Nov. 6

Blood Apples ( A Grimm Diaries Prequel #6 )

What if all you knew about fairy tales was wrong?.
In this short diary, Prince Charming tells how Snow White was really killed, and how he came to meet Rapunzel and Jack the Beanstalk. Is it true that he really knows who wrote the original fairy tales and handed them over to the Brothers Grimm? And more importantly, Prince Charming explains why apples are red.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:13:10 AM PST
redandwhite says:
Hi there and thanks to Irish M for starting us today.

Just two from my TBR list

The Secret of Lies by Barbara Forte Abate
Named a Finalist in the Indie Excellence Book Awards, 2nd place for Newbie Fiction-Royal Dragonfly Book Awards, Honorable Mention Eric Hoffer Book Awards, Finalist Global eBook Awards

Propelled by an insurmountable sense of desperation, Stevie Burke is recklessly abandoning home, husband, and outwardly contented life under cover of night; at last resigned to defeat in her long battle against the tortured memories of the past.

Days later, lost and floundering in a dreary motel room without plan or destination, it is a long ago song playing on the radio that gently tugs Stevie back through the dust of remembrance. 1957 - The last summer spent at the ancient house overlooking the North Atlantic. A season which had unfolded with abundant promise, but then spiraled horribly out of control - torn apart by a shattering tragedy that leaves a family impossibly broken ...

Elephant Girl: A Human Story by Jane Devin
Written in three distinct voices -- child, teen and adult -- Jane Devin takes readers on an intimate, imaginative and often harrowing life journey. Born unwanted and raised without love, the child-author invents a rich inner life to see her through years of trauma. Leaving home at 16, the teen-author struggles to find happiness and a sense of place in a world that feels confusing and unfamiliar. Then, years after stumbling into an adulthood mired in tragedy and broken dreams, the woman-author finds herself at a crossroads. The choice she ultimately makes is as stunning as it is brave.Told in unflinching and often lyrical prose, Elephant Girl goes beyond a singular life story to speak of powerful, universal truths and the ability of the human spirit to redeem itself.

In a culture of bootstraps and bromides, it has become unfashionable to talk about the long-term effects of child abuse and being raised without love or nurture. Unlike psychologist Harry Harlowe's infamous experiments with monkeys and maternal deprivation -- where all his subjects ended up abnormal or dead from what has been termed "emotional anorexia" -- abused children are supposed to be more resilient. In fact, it's a common belief that child abuse isn't really that big of a deal and that abused children will eventually enter into adulthood with the same knowledge and tools as those who were not abused, or at least be able to gain them quickly and easily. Less acknowledged is the fact that there can be long-term and even lifelong physical, social and emotional consequences of child abuse. Oftentimes, the one affected doesn't even realize what those consequences are until well into adulthood. High anxiety, hyper-vigilance, thwarted sexuality and brain damage that went undiagnosed until the age of 46 were just some of the after-effects experienced by the author of Elephant Girl: A Human Story.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:21:08 AM PST
B.J. says:
Nospin - somewhere along the line, I missed the reason you are being sent condolences. You needn't go into it again, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. As always, glad to see you here. I've been missing some myself lately, doing some Christmas shopping online.

I've got to get into some decorating for the kids, but it's hard when your body won't cooperate. That junk is heavy! Of all the chores involved with Christmas, one I'm having the hardest time with now I started myself. When I had only two small ones, I started having a Christmas treasure hunt before we opened gifts at my house. Now the number has grown to five, and developing Christmas-related clues, about 4-5 each for a Kindergardener, first grade, second grade, fifth grade, and a two-year-old really taxes the small brain cell I have left. Not a prayer that the kids will let me forget, they love it. Any ideas out there? All assistance appreciated.

Not had a chance to even search for books, so I'm stealing as you all post. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:28:57 AM PST
robb says:
Looks like you did a good on the posting. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:33:06 AM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
B J,
Nospin posted on the Expats site. Her beloved cat, Salem, passed. Here's the link. But, make sure you read the next page, too, where she post more about him and her son.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg101?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=101&cdThread=Tx3R4W3BSRXLXBJ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:50:27 AM PST
Thanks,, I have to admit that it took three tries....You know that I have been working alot .
Fridays check had enough overtime pay to pay for it so I figured I needed to get it...
I got it at staples so I didn't have to wait for shipping...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 Dec 15, 2014
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 2077 17 seconds ago
Features available? 2 1 minute ago
RAoK 79/80 - Tis the Season, and the end of the year! 9086 1 minute ago
Access Lending library with prime when using ipad kindle reader 160 3 minutes ago
Kindle Kid's Edition - Needs to be recalled! 34 6 minutes ago
Amazon prime lending library for kindle 3 6 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Mon January 26, 2015 25 7 minutes ago
1st gI just bought a used 1st gen fire, did a reset to factory specs and now I cannot register it because it does not recognize my password. Have gone to other devices and the password works there. 10 11 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 8277 12 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions