Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire hd 8.9

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 5:17:47 AM PST
hdduece says:
why can't i register my hd fire on amazon.com like i did my kindle keyboard 2 yrs ago, i don't have wifi in my house yet

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 5:32:56 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
because your kindle keyboard likely had 3G

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 5:39:47 AM PST
donnaj20 says:
Can't get my new kindle fire hd 8.9 to swipe? Does it need to charge for a while to be able to wake it up? Is there something that shows if it is charged like the previous kindle had a light that changed color?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:49:41 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
no, there's no light and it's going to take a a long time - make sure your computer is turned on if you're doing it via usb (could take up to 13 hours)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:44:28 AM PST
Arual says:
hddeuce,

Because you don't have wi-fi in your home, you will have to go to someplace like your public library, McDonald's, Starbuck's, etc. that has free wi-fi. All Fire and Kindles need to be connected to wi-fi one time to become fully "alive."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:45:11 AM PST
donnaj20 says:
Thanks so much for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:51:17 AM PST
Arual says:
donnaj20,

I've made it a habit to plug my Fire into my computer every night. Then it's ready to go the next day.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:46:54 AM PST
does HD* support flash

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:02:02 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
Adobe doesn't support flash in almost all new Android devices

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:06:06 AM PST
Susan Kayne says:
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 won't turn on and off. Fully charged. tried 30 second hold on power button to reset. No luck, black screen. Button doesn't effectuate anything. I just received it yesterday as a Christmas gift. Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:08:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 8:08:45 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
how do you know it's fully charged? It takes almost 13 hours from a PC and if the PC goes to sleep, it'll stop charging the kindle and the super charger takes 3-5 hours

As far as i know there's no light to indicate it's fully charged (there isn't on the 7" one)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:24:03 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I wouldn't call that a super charger. My Toshiba Thrive can go from completely empty to full charge in less than an hour and a half. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:30:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 8:30:56 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
that's the Amazon term and specs for theirs - I've never actually timed mine

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:42:04 AM PST
Susan Kayne says:
I charged it for 10 hours with the plug in accelerated booster, the one time it came on the battery icon was full.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:56:11 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
and it's still not working today?

did you do the hold the power button on with it unplugged? If so, and it's still nor working, use the orange Contact Us button on the upper right of this page

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 2:59:59 PM PST
Susan Kayne says:
returned it today for a replacement
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions