Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books & Chat Sun Dec 23,2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 150 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 10:02:52 PM PST
KayKay says:
Welcome Yall to FREE Books & Chat! Come on in and escape from the hustle and bustle of the season for a little while.
Join in the search for free books, share your picks, or just say hello.
We are so busy taking care of others let us be sure to remember to keep our kindle full as well.

Hope all your holiday wishes come true.
Here are a few quotes for the holidays:
If you have a favorite; be sure to share it with us.

I HEARD THE BELLS ON CHRISTMAS DAY
THEIR OLD, FAMILIAR CAROLS PLAY,
AND WILD AND SWEET
THE WORDS REPEAT
OF PEACE ON EARTH, GOOD-WILL TO MEN! - HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, WHEN ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE
NOT A CREATURE WAS STIRRING, - NOT EVEN A MOUSE:
THE STOCKINGS WERE HUNG BY THE CHIMNEY WITH CARE,
IN HOPES THAT ST NICHOLAS SOON WOULD BE THERE . . .
- CLEMENT CLARKE MOORE

CHRISTMAS DOESN'T COME FROM A STORE, MAYBE CHRISTMAS PERHAPS MEANS A LITTLE BIT MORE... - Dr Seuss

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree:
the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love.
~Ada V. Hendricks

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
~George Carlin

Links to free book resources:

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS ***
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starter Schedule

Twas The Night...Leo.. Monday, Dec. 24 Start Time: 12:30am PST
Elf Keeper - Tuesday, December 25 start time: 6-7:00AM EST or earlier
Courtney - Wednesday, Dec. 26 Start time around 12am EST
MerryInTexas- Thursday, December 27 Start Time: 7-8am CST
Lover of Blitzen - Friday, December 28th, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Robb - Tuesday, Jan. 1, Start Time: After 11pm PST

Open Dates:

Saturday, Dec. 29
Sunday, Dec. 30
Monday, Dec. 31
Wednesday, Jan. 2
Thursday, Jan. 3
Friday, Jan. 4
Saturday, Jan. 5
Sunday, Jan. 6

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info. Thank You!

Birthday and Anniversary link:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=46D686309DF8EC54!225&authkey=!AKPFhMjMoPLl7y8

Book Discussion:

Our next book discussion is on January 10, 2013 about the book ** NOT FREE In Deep Voodoo (Mojo, Louisiana humorous mystery series #1) ** NOT FREE also found in ** NOT FREE Love Can Be Murder (boxed set of humorous mysteries) ** NOT FREE.

The link to yesterday's thread:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg4?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=4&cdThread=Tx1ODRRBJKVWVLG

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:16:23 PM PST
KayKay says:
@ Ribbon - Again let me say that you crack me up. Hope your holidays are merry and bright and all your wishes come true!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:17:51 PM PST
4Nbahu says:
@K those were wonderful quotes.......many of the made me feel all seasonally tingly......now that the party is over I can concentrate on Christmas.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:19:43 PM PST
Lyn says:
The answer is on yesterday's thread :)

Great start.
I was thinking of doing some research for my start and decided a "KayKay start" was called for :)
BTW, thanks for seeing that there was an update...

Starter Schedule

Robb - Monday, Dec. 31, Start Time: After 11pm PST

Open Dates:

Saturday, Dec. 29
Sunday, Dec. 30
Wednesday, Jan. 2
Thursday, Jan. 3
Friday, Jan. 4
Saturday, Jan. 5
Sunday, Jan. 6

Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info. Thank You!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:29:38 PM PST
Lyn says:
So my solstice gift arrived this afternoon. And my SO walks into the den just now and with a straight face says, "I didn't think you would open and play it tonight."
Picture a long incredulous stare. A PPM DVD and it is not going to be played. Please.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:42:29 PM PST
Lyn says:
There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.
~Erma Bombeck

"Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone."
~ Charles Schulz

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:58:20 PM PST
KayKay says:
@ 4N = so glad your party was a success and it is time to enjoy and relax I hope.

@Ribbon - I mostly do it that way because I really enjoy this place and everyone and it is the best way I could help out. Weekends when everyone else seems to be busy is when I have free time. It is so hard for me to commit to a weekday start.
Hope you enjoyed the DVD

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:02:43 PM PST
Robb... You inspired me! I've been looking at these last few dates in Dec. just hanging out there and so I'll go for a back to back opening like Kay Kay does.... and now you too. I'll pick up the 29th.

Starter Schedule:

Lover of Blitzen - Saturday, December 29th, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Robb - Monday, Dec. 31, Start Time: After 11pm PST

Open Dates:

Sunday, Dec. 30 ** PLEASE PICK ME ** ;-)

Wednesday, Jan. 2
Thursday, Jan. 3
Friday, Jan. 4
Saturday, Jan. 5
Sunday, Jan. 6

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:20:51 PM PST
Lyn says:
oooooppppppssssss

Leo - I was not thinking. I will go with the 30th if you want your Monday spot.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:50:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 11:55:01 PM PST
Kay Kay, love the Christmas quotes, especially the one by George Carlson. Great opening!

I checked my email a little while ago and to my great surprise I have been the recipient of some great books. What a rush to find that someone has gifted an ebook that you had been wishing for! There are so many kind people here and I feel so lucky to be a small part of this group of caring, generous people......

@ Elizabeth S H
Bless you Elizabeth! When you look up generous in the dictionary your picture is there. Really. Thank you so much for ** NOT FREE The Bachelor Pact by Rita Herron NOT FREE **. I can't wait to read these books after the holidays are over and I have lots of time to relax with a nice cup of tea and my pup by my side. I'm envisioning it right now and it's so good Elizabeth, so very good!

@Printemps
Thank you so much for your generous gift of ** NOT FREE The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story (Twilight Texas) NOT FREE **. I've just recently read the first book in the series and loved it. I'm excited to read the remaining books so I appreciate your gift. Your kind words meant so much to me as well Printemps. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you have a magical Christmas.

*** Printemps, where is your Wish List? :(

@Becky (beckygardens)
Oh Becky, I bow to you! You are the real deal with a blog and everything. I am only the Queen of Crack. LOL

Thank you so much for your gift of ** NOT FREE Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team) NOT FREE **. Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I am a sucker for chick lit and romance and this fits the bill to a tee. Now don't get me wrong I love a little fantasy too, The Dresden Files is a favorite of mine, but I just love a little romance, some snark and a happy ending. Sorry, I'm rambling!

Your kind words meant a lot to me Becky. Thank you. Enjoy the crack!

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 12:06:52 AM PST
@4Nbahu

I'm thrilled to hear your party was such a great success! No surprise as you have mastered this long ago. You work your poor little fingers and legs to the point of exhaustion to make sure your guests leave happy and waiting for next years invitation. Good thing you hid some of your treats away for your family to enjoy later.

Now your on to Christmas shopping tomorrow? No rest for the weary! I wish you a clear road with no traffic going to the mall and a path of everything you need and want to buy at your fingertips. Oh, and I hope they come wrapped and tagged to boot! One can only wish....

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:55:45 AM PST
A few picks to start the day.....

It's In His Kiss

Jenna's been letting life pass her by as she works on her career. But, when she needs to do some research of the kissing kind, things may get a little more heated than she expected.
Research has never been so fun.

WARNING: This 11k novella has no vampires, shape shifter or scorching sex, but it might make you snort your diet Coke out your nose.

Hungry For More

Heat...spice...chemistry...

Hot-tempered celebrity chef Paul Devoe has no problem handling those elements in the kitchen- but when Nanny Bridget Parker introduces them into his every day life, he quickly realizes that he is out of his league!

Bridget has raised "Tad" Devoe since he was born. He's much more of a son than a charge. Bridget is devastated to learn that she might lose Tad when he goes to live with his negligent father after his mother's untimely death.

Bridget knows more about Paul from his television shows and cookbooks than she does from interacting with him in real life. She can count on one hand the number of hours that he's spent alone with his son. She is certain that Paul is not suitable to raise a little boy alone and will do anything to keep Tad safe and secure- but she never realized that her heart would be on the line.

Sweet, sensual and funny, this story will leave you HUNGRY FOR MORE!

30 Delicious Icebox Cookie Recipes

Make tasty, mouth-watering icebox cookies that you can either bake right away or store in your freezer for your next cookie craving. Best-selling author Lori Burke brings you 30 icebox cookie recipes that are fun to make and delicious to eat. If you love yummy, home-baked cookies then this is the book for you.
Here's a sampling of just a few of the recipes in this book:

* Almond Delight Icebox Cookies
* Brown Shugah Icebox Cookies
* Butterscotch Icebox Cookies
* Cherry Pistachio Icebox Cookies
* Chocolate Chip Macadamia Icebox Cookies
* Chocolate Chip Pecan Icebox Cookies
* Cinnamon Sugar Icebox Cookies
* Coconut Macadamia Icebox Cookies
* Cousin Connie's Cranberry Icebox Cookies
* Granny's Stryk's Icebox Cookies
* Lemon Coconut Icebox Cookies
* Lemon Cranberry Icebox Cookies
* Lemon Pecan Icebox Cookies
* Oatmeal Coconut Icebox Cookies
* Oatmeal Crispies Icebox Cookies
* Peanut Butter Icebox Cookies
* Rum Chocolate Icebox Cookies
* Tootie Fruity Icebox Cookies

Instructing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses)

When a hard-nosed CEO must get married or lose everything, she hires her womanizing best friend to teach her about men, but as the lessons progress so does her alarm as she finds herself falling in love with him.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:58:52 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@LOB Thank you for your good wishes. It is now almost 3:30 pm and I just finished lunch (leftovers of food I didn't get to taste yesterday) I don't think I'm going anywhere today. I am in so much trouble tomorrow.. :)

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:30:22 AM PST
The Kinlib update just came in.....

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 02:20 AM PST (455 books)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/89f8/

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:43:46 AM PST
dusty says:
Good Morning, Folks. It is 27 degrees here this morning. I am out the door to church in a few minutes, but just needed to ask a question so that maybe the answer is here when I return. I have gotten so many good books from yall. Now, is there a way to catagorize the bookshelf on the Fire HD? Cookbooks, Christmas, Mystery etc?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:00:42 AM PST
S. Parker says:
@4Nbahu and @Charlie-bird

Please check your email!

To all my FB&C friends, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy 2013!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:09:32 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@ S. Parker I had seen, but wasn't sure if it was a Secret Santa.....thank you very much, you definitely shouldn't have, but then I am extremely touched not to mention quite excited at the prospect of a good read. I had read one of the shorts of this series and was saving it until I had time. Now it looks like I had better make some time for NOT FREE NOW The Vampire Wardens and Werewolf Society 5 story box set NOT FREE NOW I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I went ahead and included the link, because when I look at other peoples gifts I usually try and find it and add it to my list, because if two people think it looks good, who am I to argue....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 5:19:54 AM PST
S. Parker says:
4Nbahu, you are more than welcome. I appreciate how kind you were to me awhile back. :)
Merry Christmas! And in the New Year, I hope to participate more in this thread.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:01:27 AM PST
Sue M says:
To Everyone on FB&C - wishing each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2013. Someone sent me an e-mail with this web-site. Check it out and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vcmfCXwAFs4

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:27:17 AM PST
Arieswoman says:
@Dusty
No, not at this time. It has been in many discussion groups. I can do categories on my baby Kindle but not on the fire.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:27:31 AM PST
Cluny says:
SueM
thanks for the youtube video....fyi filmed at Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg IL......can't figure out how there were so few bystanders. This time of the year it is a zoo and it is to be avoided whenever possible. It is normally this time of year wall to wall crammed with shoppers. Maybe they filmed when it first opens and on a weekday.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:44:52 AM PST
Sue M says:
@ Cluny: Best I can recall from the video it was shot somtime in December 2011 and once the presentation finishes - it gives you the option of seeing how the video was shot. I haven't actually looked at that part yet.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:53:33 AM PST
B.J. says:
Merry 'almost' Christmas. Like most people, yesterday was a madhouse. Finally finished the shopping and wrapping (again). Baked a jam cake, made Jack Daniels fudge, vanilla crack, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter roll. If I can drag myself to a store to get powered sugar going to make a Dr. Pepper cake, buttermilk salad and ? today. Clean house a little. I've almost decided that would be better done after Christmas. We will have a happy (hopefully) mess tomorrow, so who cares? I pray all of you will have the same, that no one's alone, sick, or angry. God's blessings to you all.

Now where did my Secret Santa go? To mine: I'm stretching it out - the suspense builds. da-da-daaa

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:09:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 7:13:12 AM PST
Good morning All! Another great start Kay(K)! I made Vanilla Crack last night minus the nuts (was out of them) and I have to say this stuff is addictive and awesome! The only thing I would do different is to pull them from my oven about a minute earlier (mine cooks quick). They aren't burnt, but are on the very edge of getting there BUT they are oh so yummy! Thanks LOB this one has been added to the make every year list.

None free from my wish list today. Haven't read all the posts yet, but in case this wasn't mentioned:

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 02:20 AM PST
http://us.kinlib.com/new/89f8/ 455 books

I see my Secret Santa has been a busy little elf. I believe I've spotted 2 gift notices in my e-mail so thank you so much! What for I can't say yet lol, I'm trying to be good this close to Christmas :-)

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:30:41 AM PST
4Nbahu says:
@ Everyone who has made the vanilla crack, I seem to have missed the recipe, what day was it on? You people are making me crazy with all of your yummy praises.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions