Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Lending Library

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 6:22:37 AM PST
S. Gudmestad says:
I think Amazon is on the right track with their lending library. However, only being able to borrow one book a month is ridiculous. I can see borrowing one book at a time and putting a cap on the amount you can borrow in one month but really...1 book a month?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:24:39 AM PST
Amazon is in business to sell stuff. The KOLL is a perk for those who are Prime Members who also own a Kindle. Amazon has to pay for each book borrowed under the program.

If borrowing books is important to you, you should look into your public library. That is what they are in business for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:29:47 AM PST
Mary Jane says:
The KOLL is an added perk of the Prime program. In my opinion, it is not worth getting Prime for, although the shipping and streaming are pretty good. The books that are available are limited and I haven't found something that I like in a while. It is just an added enticement.

If you want to borrow books for free, check out your local public library. I can always find something to read in mine. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:39:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 6:40:25 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You do realize that Amazon has to pay for every book you borrow don't you?? Prime is a shipping program and this is just an added perk. If you don't use the shipping option then you really shouldn't purchase Prime.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:43:34 AM PST
It's not the Amazon Lending Library. It's a ~PRIME~ bonus. Bonus as in, a little something extra. NOT the main event.

PRIME is about fast, unlimited shipping of *physical items* for a flat yearly fee of $79. The borrow-a-book once a month is a little gimme.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:52:26 AM PST
Amazon is in business to SELL books, not to provide you with all the books you want for free.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:57:50 AM PST
Karen says:
I agree. The Lending Library isn't a big draw for me. If you want free books, sign up for Free kindle books and tips blog. fkbooksandtips.com It is fantastic. You'll get posts 3 or 4 times a day with books that are being offered free for a very limited time. All the books have at least a 4 star rating. I have about 160 books on my Fire (I just got it in June) and I have paid for about 5 of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:03:37 AM PST
Mary Jane says:
Other good sites for free ebooks are ereaderiq and Pixel of Ink.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions