Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD wanted

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2012 2:26:03 PM PDT
O. Khan says:
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB

hi i really want to buy 2 Kindle fire HD, but i see its not being shipped to South Africa. is there any other means to get this to South Africa? any advice?

thanks

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 2:29:52 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
you do realise that it won't be fully functional in South Africa and you won't be able to buy any apps from amazon, right? Plus no streaming media from amazon.

and that if anything goes wrong with it, they won't replace it outside the US (and the other Kindle Stores), right?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 2:38:12 PM PDT
From the Fire's Support page:

Kindle Fire Restrictions for International Customers:

At this time, we are able to ship Kindle Fire to only customers with a U.S. billing and shipping address.

Note that international customers are not able to purchase some types of content on Kindle Fire and not all functionality is available for international customers using Kindle Fire. You must be physically located within the United States to purchase, stream, or initiate a download from Amazon Instant Video. MP3 purchases from Amazon are only available to U.S. customers.

Also, from the App Store for Android: The Amazon Appstore is only available to customers located in the United States

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 2:41:32 PM PDT
O. Khan says:
that is sad man, i have a kindle keyboard 3G and i love it. im willing to get the tablet, mainly wanted to use it for media, comic book reading and i did intend to use it to browse via WI FI. the apps and such would of been an added bonus. disappointing though :(. thanks for the help

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 2:46:53 PM PDT
and thank you for taking the news like an adult and not having a hissy fit, very much appreciated

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 3:00:42 PM PDT
O. Khan - You're welcome.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 8:50:53 AM PDT
O. Khan says:
lol no probs man, sadly having a hissy fit wont help much. i would love it if the features were available in SA though. hopefully soon? we can only hope

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:58:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:59:43 AM PST
S. L. Gill says:
I queried Amazon.comm about this issue,ie,The Fire HD,whether one can download movies/tv shows etc but all they did was refer me to their site.This is their reply-
"Kindle Fire 7" HD is available for purchase on Amazon's international sites and retail partners in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Italy and France. For more information about international availability, please visit the Amazon site for your country".
I could not find much on their site which would answer my question.However,from the comments above,it is clear that it is not operational in South Africa.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:04:23 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
it's operational if all you want to do is surf the web and read books

and apps can be sideloaded

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:06:59 AM PST
S. L. Gill says:
Thank you,however,besides the ability to purchase and read books I am wanting the ability to download movies (which we currently cannot do)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:09:16 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
I can't either - even some of the international stores don't have that option
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions