Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I am trying to set up Skype account

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 11:35:32 AM PST
Amy Landis says:
trying to set up Skype with downloaded app on kindle fire hd. Will not take my phone number. keeps asking for a "country code"? suggestions?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:55:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 11:56:35 AM PST
Your country code is +1 or sometimes just 1 Try both as 1 should work. The country code is before the area code in your phone number - +1xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1xxx-xxx-xxxx

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:55:36 PM PST
Amy Landis says:
thank you so much! +1 worked! mother in law happy!!!!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 2:23:28 PM PST
Does any know how to download books stored on a scandisc? I have to do it thru my laptop, I have the the original Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 3:12:06 PM PST
Try posting this in a new thread and you will get more responses. Skype issues have nothing to do with files stored on a scandisc.

I don't believe that the original Kindle has a slot for storage devices so you will have to use you computer to transfer the files.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:28:12 PM PST
how do I edit my phone number.I tried the 1 and wouldn't work. so I used =44(in the ex). Wonder what country that is? But it took it. I think I need to use the +.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 3:47:27 PM PST
Country codes are listed here - http://countrycode.org/

I think +44 is Ireland

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:28:12 AM PST
I tried 1 and +1 and +011 1, etc., and nothing is working. I don't want to type another country's code. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 6:49:45 AM PDT
My son set up Skype on my Kindle Fire, and added himself as my only contact (so far)...we were to have our first session last night, as a means of keeping "in touch" with my grandson....I went to Skype on my fire, it said under his icon he was not on line....and yet he says he was, a "waitng and waiting" for me to come on.....that some how I had failed to "sign on"....I did not and do not see where I do this!!! Help, son is all frustrated with me. And I missed my "date" with my new favorite little man! (grandson in his new Easter outfit sent to him by grandma, the tech failure).

Kris

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 6:59:21 AM PDT
You may want to ask in a Skype forum, such as

https://support.skype.com/en/category/SKYPE_FOR_ANDROID/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2013 9:10:27 AM PST
I have exactly the same problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions