Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire hd youtube mobile not working!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 226 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2012 8:09:12 PM PDT
This is extremely frusturating. The mobile youtube site wont work in many different ways. I cant select youtube videos at all. They will not load even after tapping repeatedly. Youtube doesn't even bother to load them. I also dont get any results when i type something in the search bar. All these problems started about yesterday. Before that, youtube worked fine. I have cleared the cache and everything, hard restart, even set my kindle to factory default. Nothing changed.. Please help!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:28:12 PM PDT
The exact same thing has happened to me! Up to yesterday, youtube worked fine.My wife has an original Kindle fire (not HD) and she can still play youtube vids with no problems, but my HD fire is doing exactly what you described. I called Amazon tech support, but they seemed more perplexed than I was. They kept trying to get me to download the Dolphin browser but my Kindle wouldn't download it (kept saying not compatible with this device). I'm pretty frustrated and tech support was clueless ...

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:13:19 PM PDT
Agility Labs says:
Another Kindle HD user here with the same problem. Nothing works today, but as of yesterday things were fine. My wife has a work iPad that can use youtube just fine, so we know its a Kindle issue and not a Flash issue. I hope tech support gets this figured out soon.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:38:57 PM PDT
same issue here. worked fine at first and then just stop working.. when i just search for a video through bing n links me to youtube n works fine but when i go directly to the site it tells me i have to download adobe flash player .

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 9:58:18 PM PDT
Jock Chau says:
same problem here. But i am very suprised that kindle support was not aware of the problem when i called and offered me a replacement instead. A google search did not reveal much discussion on this issue either. seemed like that made some changes that screwed all kindle users up.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:07:38 PM PDT
radek says:
Same here youtube stopped working on our kindle fire hd

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:45:54 PM PDT
looks like facebook isnt working properly either :(

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 11:18:51 PM PDT
radek says:
Here is a text from tech support via chat.

"Yes we are aware that the you tube is currently not working and this problem has already been reported to our technical and they are working on it to resolve the issue."

Just have to wait for the fix to roll along.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 11:36:03 PM PDT
M. Oldham says:
im having this problem to!! AMAZON FIX IT FOR US PALLLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!ˇ!ˇ!!!ˇˇ!!!ˇˇˇ!!!ˇˇˇ!!!

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 2:49:09 AM PDT
D. Regan says:
Same problem, but I'm not an HD. Just a regular KF.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 5:00:43 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Looks like you will have to wait for an update. At least you know they are working on the problem.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 5:16:55 AM PDT
For those with an HD, please see this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_md_pl?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdMsgID=Mx1O9TT7MVCM7IX&cdMsgNo=2&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxRIB6VVQ5HKPY#Mx1O9TT7MVCM7IX

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 6:33:48 AM PDT
Facebook and youtube stopped working on my kindle fire hd. If i only wanted to read books on my kindle i wouldn't have bought the Fire HD. I am so disappointed :-(

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 10:21:29 AM PDT
D.C.S. says:
Ditto here. It seems that everything is not functioning: home screen, playing videos, etc. It's just not responsive. Interestingly, I tried loading Youtube mobile in Opera Mini on the Fire HD and was not able to play videos either???

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 10:37:00 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I am sure Amazon will fix the problem for you guys. Now back to my Toshiba Thrive and the official YouTube app to watch some videos....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 10:52:08 AM PDT
C. Sanabria says:
oh my gawd thank god i wasnt the only one! i hope amazon fixes it caise i really love watching youtube on my kindle fire HD

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 10:53:58 AM PDT
C. Sanabria says:
Hopefull there will be an update soon

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 11:41:22 AM PDT
knezmom says:
glad to see it isnt just me...

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 12:41:00 PM PDT
try installing the flash:

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer

Install Dolpin (browser). The most current version of Dolphin won't work. You need the 8.5.1 version.
You get Dolphin here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1787595

The file downloads. You'll get a Notification that it did.

Launch ES File Explorer, and look in the Downloads folder. You'll see the Dolphin icon...tap it to install.

You get Flash here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1771463

*reposted

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 5:11:26 PM PDT
C. Sanabria says:
have you tried this yourself? if so, does it actually work?

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:47:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 20, 2012 11:21:58 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:52:14 PM PDT
Yes, the above steps work if you need to have Flash on your Fire HD. Many users have installed it and reported back with success. Here is the correct link to the ES File Explorer:

ES File Explorer

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 10:38:58 PM PDT
me too!! im pissed they always have a problem with these things i swear!

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 11:26:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2012 11:28:09 PM PDT
Oh geez, I was really hoping I would find an answer to this problem i'm having as well. Obviously it is a bug with the Kindle Fire HD, and not a problem with just my device. Very disappointing though, my latest Kindle Fire is a mere 2 weeks old and youtube doesn't work at all. Just started today, hasn't functioned for about 12 hrs now. Very surprising and frustrating. I hope now that it's happening to a lot of people, they will really get a handle on it quickly since many people will soon be on this forum saying what everyone here is already saying. My issue is the same as someone stated before, no videos loading at all when I search something, then about 5% of the time, it WILL load videos that have nothing at ALL to do with what I searched. And when I try to click on them, nothing happens. First I emailed customer support from my kindle in the hopes of getting help, now I can see here, they won't be able to do anything. Please Amazon, fix this issue ASAP! I love the HD Kindle, and would love to use it for everything that it should be used for.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 4:52:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 21, 2012 4:53:00 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and $79 Kindle
0 12 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 1865 2 minutes ago
help me 1 4 minutes ago
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 6338 6 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 6698 7 minutes ago
Kindle owners library 3 8 minutes ago
PC cannot access Kindle Fire as USB device 125 10 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 6023 10 minutes ago
Prime Music on Kindle Fire 1st Gen? 6 18 minutes ago
Kindle Fire not readable by Mac Snow Leopard 26 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  152
Total posts:  226
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions