Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

cant watch movies on my kindle fire...help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 142 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2012 4:46:10 PM PDT
GP'S Hair says:
help cant watch movies on my kindle fire

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 4:46:54 PM PDT
What happens when you try? Are you trying to stream Prime Instant Videos, rented or purchased movies?

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 4:54:40 PM PDT
GP'S Hair says:
i just want to stream and watch movies.when i go to a site it allows me to get on but when i click on the movie it tells me i need adobe flash player but it wont let me download it. i want to take this thing back!!!!

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 4:59:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 5:00:32 PM PDT
GP, unfortunately you have to sideload Flash, as it's not available in the Amazon app store. Do a search for "sideloading Flash" here on the forums and you'll find numerous threads with people giving instructions for how to do this (you will need to hook your Fire up to your computer). It's a bit of a pain, but it's not that hard and there's no risk. Your only other option is to live without Flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 5:23:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 5:25:20 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Which Kindle Fire do you have? If you have the original Fire you just need to enable it. Click on the web tab, click on the menu icon at the bottom of the page, click on settings, scroll down until you see Enable Flash and select either Always On or ON Demand. If you have the Fire HD you'll need to sideload flash from somewhere else.

ETA: You can read this thread for a discussion of Flash and Android devices. Adobe no longer supports Flash on Android devices, that's why the new Kindle Fire HD doesn't have it. http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx1HWVGEIY34ZI3

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:35:09 PM PST
Sky says:
I am having the issues and i can't even download the adobe flash to watch movie. I can only use my kindle fire read books. :( I wish someone can direct me on what to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:37:24 PM PST
You can't use Amazon Prime or Netflix? Most youtube video's are in Flash format, either. See the post just above yours regarding Flash.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:27:51 PM PST
can anybody just tell me how to get adobe so i can watch youtube and similar sites. preferably straight up not direct me to a site. please

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:32:56 PM PST
Okay, for all of you that have a 2nd Gen Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD, you can install Flash, but you also have to install a web browser that will work with Flash. Here are the instructions. Post back if you need help:

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire/Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer

Download and install the Dolphin HD and Flash Player apk files from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Once both files are downloaded to your Fire, open ES File Explorer and look in the "Downloads" folder. You should see both files there. Install Dolphin HD *first* by tapping on the icon. Then Install Flash.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:04:33 PM PST
can anybody just tell me how to get adobe so i can watch youtube and similar sites. preferably straight up not direct me to a site. please

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:12:20 PM PST
how or where do i goto get dolphin hd and flash player

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:14:01 PM PST
Victor - Please read my entire post above. I give you the links for everything. Follow the entire post step by step.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:36:23 PM PST
it appears that worked. i thankyou for the helpful information.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:45:22 PM PST
You are very welcome! Now go watch some video! LOL!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:23:43 PM PST
What is the point of a Kindle fire as a media device if I cannot add my own movies to it? No way do I have access to wifi everywhere. I purchased the kindle fire HD so that I could add my already owned digital versions of movies to it and use it as a media device. But no, you can't do that. I am returning it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:42:39 PM PST
You can certainly add your own movies to it, but they have to be in MP4 format. I have plenty of my own videos loaded on my Fire HD and they play fine. You don't need wi fi to do this, so I am not sure what exactly your complaint is...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:47:37 PM PST
@Kirkland; I have added my own movies to my Fire HD with no problems. I converted the files to ones that are compatible with the Fire - I used DVD Catalyst 4, and it has an option for the Fire HD format. Then I copied the files to the Fire HD using the USB cable. I play them, using the Personal Videos player on the fire. No problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:48:16 PM PST
Did you pay for DVD Catalyst 4?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:49:26 PM PST
My complaint is that kindle does not have the same copyright access that Apple does. All digital copies that are sold with Blu Rays can only be played in Itunes and cannot be added to your kindle fire. Where do you get these movies from? How do you get them on your computer?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:49:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 4:50:33 PM PST
@Kirkland: Yes, about $10 for the download file. I rip my DVDs and discard the file after I've viewed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:52:26 PM PST
And of course, there is no mac version. Point is, that you have to pay to do that. Don't you think Amazon has the funds to have the same copyright access as Apple?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:53:46 PM PST
I rip my own DVDs that I purchase using software (Daniusoft DVD ripper, about $35, they have a Blu Ray Ripper as well). I have never had much success with watching/transferring any digital copy provided with the DVD itself, so I never even bother with those.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:55:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 4:59:07 PM PST
@Kirkland: I regard that $10 as a good investment in keeping control of what I want to do.

I don't necessarily want the movies that Amazon might have. And I'm sure that there are Mac programs to do the same thing that DVD Catalyst does. I found that program by using Google and by asking here in the forums some time ago.

Edit: I just googled "mac dvd ripper" and found several programs both freeware and payware, with some very good reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:56:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 4:56:50 PM PST
You pay $10 *once* for the DVD Catalyst Software, not per DVD.

Daniusoft has a DVD ripper for Mac, It's $40.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:59:50 PM PST
You both just aren't realizing the point. One can obviously see that Dean probably has some ties to Amazon. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY EXTRA TO PUT MOVIES I ALREADY OWN AND HAVE PAID FOR ON THE KINDLE FIRE HD! Case and point.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions