Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Two KFHD's - Both losing sound

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 3:40:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 3:40:43 AM PST
FiSH says:
My wife and I both own 7" Kindle Fire HD's. Both of us are experiencing audio cutting out while using apps and watching video. We've both done full restores and hard reboots. Still having issues.

What's odd is that we can still hear the volume indicator bleeps when adjusting the volume, but that's all. Putting our units to sleep and waking them up usually restores the audio, but it will cut out again within minutes.

If both of us are experiencing this, more people are bound to be as well. Can anyone comment on this and let me know what you did to fix the issue?

Thanks!
FiSH

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:47:31 AM PST
Try contacting Kindle support. Click on help at the top of the page and then the contact us button on the next page. If there is an issue with the Kindles, they are the best ones to tell you how to fix it/replace the unit.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:36:18 AM PST
FiSH says:
^ I've done that. I appreciate the instruction. I'm just wondering if this is a known issue that others are having as well. You'd think it would be since both of our KFHD's have the same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:42:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 8:42:47 AM PST
I'd think it was unusual or we would see lots of threads about this. I don't remember any threads and you can always use the search button on the right to do a search for other threads (just be sure to uncheck "search only this discussion") as I may have missed them.

When you contacted Kindle support, what did they say?

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:08:12 AM PST
Happening with mine as well.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:55:12 AM PST
FiSH says:
^ So far just I've just gotten a poorly written script apologizing and asking me to follow up by phone or chat so they can "look into my issue deeply."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:07:47 PM PST
Sarida says:
Does it cut-out with all apps? With all music? Is it during streaming or during things downloaded?

Does the video keep playing, but the audio cut out?

Did it ever work properly?

Have you taken them to another wi-fi source outside your home to check if the problem still occurs?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:27:18 PM PST
And did you follow up with a phone call or chat? IMO, I never use email to try to troubleshoot a problem. It just doesn't work. I pick up the phone and use the option to have Amazon call me. They call within 1 minute and troubleshooting starts within 2 minutes. Email well .......

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:42:34 PM PST
FiSH says:
Mine has cut out during at least three apps and several videos. Video does keep playing when this occurs. Yes, no issues from the day I bought it until maybe 3 weeks to a month ago. I haven't explored another wifi connection because it's happening with both streaming and downloaded video. The apps also work independent of a wifi connection.

I haven't followed up yet. I had to leave and returned home late. I'll hit them up tomorrow evening.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:59:18 PM PST
I have a hunch that similar to the elusive "popping noise" problem on the HD that this issue is caused by an installed app that is not properly handling the audio when a user closes out of the app. I don't think it's defective hardware. I think it's an app or combination of apps that are screwing up the sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:22:59 PM PST
FiSH says:
^ Well, mine had these issues after a full restore with only an app or two installed.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 6:28:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 6:28:32 PM PST
Damian says:
the sound on mine kfhd cut out today.. did any of you guys get any resolution?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions