Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Best Case for the Kindle HD 7"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2012 10:40:19 PM PDT
Nightshade says:
Did you already get your case?
I ordered a case that I was iffy on but had what I wanted. Won't get here til the 24th. I received my Kindle today, I don't like it being caseless.

I prefer the ones that have the auto shut off when you close the case

Anyone get their case yet?

Thanks!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:22:01 PM PDT
Hawkeye says:
Marware Axis Genuine Leather Rotating, Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7" (Previous Generation), Green (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7", Previous Generation)

This case is what I got and I really like it. It does the sleep when closed and wake when open feature and rotates too. It also has the right speaker cut outs and a handstrap.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 11:42:59 PM PDT
Hawkeye says:
Of course the case does have a fflaw. You can't charge the fire with the case closed because of the spine. I might cut a hole in it to did that problem though.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 11:52:21 PM PDT
ARGUH! Mine case has the same flaw!

Marware MicroShell Folio Lightweight Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Purple (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7")

GRRR! I'd forgotten they moved the USB port. ARGUH!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 12:07:46 AM PDT
Hawkeye says:
I think a simple hole in the middle of the spine for the USB and HDMI ports would work. Although for $45, I shouldn't have to DIY my case for it to work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 4:54:34 AM PST
Rotate it and then the charge ports are open....

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:29:22 AM PST
This is a pretty good inexpensive case....MoKo Slim-fit Folio Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch Tablet-Black.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:10:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 10:12:18 AM PST
You shouldn't have to do that. I ordered a case along with my Kindle HD...it's A marware, for $25. http://tinyurl.com/cf3xwt2
I really like it..when you close the cover, it turns off. The charging port is always available, and it has an elastic band to flip over and keep the thing shut tight. It props up very nicely, too.

Marware Vibe Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7")

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:17:43 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 1, 2012 10:18:12 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:00:56 AM PST
I also recommend the MoKo cover. I use their Nexus 7 cover (same style) and I love mine. It's reasonably priced, high quality, good fit, attractive, and auto sleep/wake function works perfectly. Also, the clip mounts are much better than other mounting systems I've used.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions