Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 266 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 22, 2012 4:49:27 PM PDT
justSCOTT says:
Ok...for a tech illiterate such as I....once books are loaded on a Kindle paperwhite they would also be stored on Cloud automatically? How do you delete books on the Kindle but leave them on Cloud? And...is there a way to leave your books on the Kindle without leafing through the entire list each time you want a particular book? Such as ....you have 100 books on board, half of which you forgot ofcourse, but you want to read a book that is at "the end of your list" thanks.
Scott

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 5:08:03 PM PDT
susan/vt says:
You need to make collections to put your books in. Whatever you want. Like TBR or Classics or whatever. If you choose to remove a book from your device, that's it. You have removed it from the device and it's in the cloud. You will see it under archived items. If you go to Manage my Kindle and remove it there, you have deleted it for good and if you want it back you will need to purchase it again.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 5:09:39 PM PDT
P. M. H. says:
To delete a book from the Paperwhite, press on the title and it will give you the option to delete.

To find a book on your Paperwhite, go to the Home Page and then press on the numbers in the bottom right corner. You will then get the option to search for a specific title of go to a specific page. I just discovered this trick.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 5:13:42 PM PDT
You can categorize your books with something Amazon called Collection. It works like sorting files in a directory with your PC but there is a difference. With a PC, you can create a directory within a directory. With Kindle, you can not have a collection within a collection. If you need to create 2 collections, you need to create both of them at the same level of hierarchy.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:39:36 AM PDT
I have a niece who is dyslexic and there is a new font called OpenDyslexic that can help her read. Can I download this font onto a Kindle and if so which one?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 7:43:08 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No, you cannot download fonts to any Kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:11:50 PM PDT
When I press on the title, the book opens. There is no option to delete.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:25:40 PM PDT
Cassie Anne says:
Do a long press. Press and hold until the option to delete appears.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 7:19:56 PM PDT
I have a second generation kindle. Is it possible to convert e-pub format books to a kindle compatible format? Will kindle ever support the e-pub format?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:37:28 PM PDT
@eading Addict: It is unlikely that the Kindle will support epub natively, but no one here knows for sure - we are not from Amazon. You can convert epub to Kindle format IF the files have no form of DRM protecting them. I use Calibre.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:33:33 PM PST
I have a kindle fire and I am purchasing 2 kindle paperwhites for my teenage daughters, If I register the new kindles to my amazon account so we all can access the books that are on the account. But I do not want them to be able to purchase on my account or see credit card information. I was planning on giving then gift cards to make their purchases. Is there a way we can still share books but not let them use my billing information?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:38:49 PM PST
❤ Ann says:
@Christina - All devices registered to an account use the 1-click payment method on that account. You can't have separate payment methods.

The Paperwhite does have parental controls that you can use to password-protect purchases from the device.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:01:53 PM PST
The Old Man says:
i have a kindle fire Question can I print to my wireless printer and how do I do it ?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:39:28 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:42:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 12:48:54 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
There are printer apps in the app store that will allow you to print to a wireless printer.

Just to name a few:

HP ePrint
EasyPrint
PrintBot

Erin there are production apps you can use on the Fire such as Quickoffice Pro

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:37:24 AM PST
Sarida says:
I have an Epson printer app on my iPad that allows me to print to my wireless Epson printer. You can check in the Amazon App store to see if the Fire has a similar way of printing.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:02:34 AM PST
L. S. Rodkey says:
If I buy a Kindle Fire, how do I get my books from my 1st generation Kindle transferred to it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:05:30 AM PST
You don't transfer from one Kindle to the other. You download your books from your Amazon account to the new Kindle. Just be sure to have the Fire registered to the same account as the K1. If you have books from another site you will need to register your new Fire to those sites as well.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:09:37 AM PST
Snokii says:
Does oovoo work on kindle fire hd?

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:44:46 AM PST
J. Olsen says:
If i buy a used k1 with books on it can i register that
Kindle as mine and download those books to my amazon
Account?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:46:03 AM PST
GnomeEd says:
no

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:48:12 AM PST
J. Olsen, technically speaking, the owner of that Kindle isn't supposed to sell it with content left on it. If it is a first generation Kindle, you may want to re-consider, as those models are approaching 6 years old.

You would not have access to those books unless you were registered to the account they were purchased on. You can't transfer Kindle books from one account to another. You would only have access to them as long as they were on the device.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:49:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 8:49:55 AM PST
J. Gatie says:
Books are licensed to an account, not a device. The books may stay on the device, but you cannot transfer them to your account, and if you delete them, there is no way to get them back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 12:17:36 PM PST
J. Olsen says:
Thanks for everybodies help!

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 12:25:12 PM PST
ro66 says:
When buying apps for my kindle fire from amazon Where do they go?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
29 51 minutes ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Free Books and Chat - Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014 21 10 seconds ago
Al's Place 35mm 3091 22 seconds ago
Fire HDX 8.9 Case 0 1 minute ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 7419 1 minute ago
Why doesn't Kindle support the "series" meta tag? 1 5 minutes ago
Amazon Prime and kindle unlimited 1 6 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 6466 7 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage price is too high 149 8 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  140
Total posts:  266
Initial post:  Oct 22, 2012
Latest post:  25 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 27 customers

Search Customer Discussions