Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire and a Juno e-mail account

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2012 12:19:33 PM PDT
I want to keep my Juno email account but have not figured out how to set it up on my new Kindle fire can anyone help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 12:58:35 PM PDT
Sue W. says:
I found the following information on Juno's website:
What are Juno's POP and SMTP settings to check Juno email using a dedicated email program?

At this time, you cannot use other email programs to get or send your Juno email. For this reason, Juno's POP3 and SMTP mail server addresses are not available.

You can, however, check your Juno email messages from any computer connected to the Web by logging on to Juno Email on the Web at http://webmail.juno.com. You do not have to create a new account or password to use Juno Email on the Web; just use the user name and password for your existing Juno account.

Since it appears you can't use the Kindle Fire email app to access your email, you are left with using the web and accessing it that way. That's a pain but looks like you don't have any other options. Sorry!

Sue

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 12:44:02 PM PDT
KC says:
I have my juno acct working on my kindle fire.

pop.juno.com
SSL (always)
PLAIN authentification
pop Port = 995

smtp.juno.com
SSL (always)
smtp Port = 465
Automatic authentification

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:51:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 11:53:17 AM PST
Dani Tobin says:
I am desperately trying to set up my Kindle Fire for email on a trip. I was successful with Gmail but not with my Juno email account. I set up the incoming server and outgoing server respectively just as Mr. casey said ( similar to what Juno has for setting up Droid). However, although it seems to search for items for the Juno inbox, it stubornly reads zero.
Yesterday I did successfully send an outgoing message from Juno but today that does not work either.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:43:02 PM PST
Kathy says:
If anyone finds a reliable way to get Juno to work, please let me know; I'm considering getting a Fire for my parents, but only if I can figure out a way for them to access their Juno e-mail (switching to another e-mail server would not be feasible for them, too confusing to switch at their age).
Thanks!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:53:53 PM PST
jsh1120 says:
No guarantee but you may find you can use the K-9 email app available free of charge in the Amazon Appstore. If someone tries it please post the results on this thread.

K-9 Mail

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:01:54 PM PST
KC says:
I have 2 Juno accounts set up on my Kindle Fire; both work. I checked my settings again and they are the same as posted above. But as I was checking I got an email from Juno Customer care (which I normally delete) but it was about setting up Juno on Droid, iPhone, etc. Here is the gist of the message.
----------
Sign in to webmail.juno.com (on a desktop I would assume).
Click on Options and select "ON - POP my mail to my desktop/smartphone"
Save

or visit www.juno.com/support/webmail/mobile.html
----------
Then try to set up on Kindle
Hope this helps.
I too am curious if the K-9 app works.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:33:02 AM PST
Dani Tobin says:
Mr. Kerry T. Casey, I can't thank you enough for your help. Per your suggestion above, I signed in on laptop to webmail.juno.com. There was nothing selected for the ON or OFF, and I selected ON - POP . Voila!! That is all it needed. The Kindle Fire immediately downloaded 25 messages to the Juno Inbox. This is the first time I have used a "Thread" like this, and I really greatly appreciate your help. Hope this helps others as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 9:04:48 AM PST
Kneed2no says:
Mr Casey,

I reported my problem getting Juno to Kindle twelve days ago. It had been escalated to advanced support help many times. I am still waiting. Your solution worked perfectly! The preview of each E-mail on the Kindle is superior to the view on the web approach.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 2:01:14 PM PDT
John Mills says:
This solution worked perfectly. Thank you so much for posting it.

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 5:39:55 PM PDT
my juno email is up and running on my kindle fire. I downloaded pictures from email but can't find them. Where are they

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 9:15:24 PM PST
I too was setting up a Samsung Tablet and needed to go into Juno from the website an change the settings to allow POP. Thank you so much for this fix!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions