Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

managing multiple kindles on one account.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 177 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2012 1:29:10 PM PDT
How do i manage two kindles that have the same account. I can't delete from the Kindle fire either.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 1:32:46 PM PDT
Cassie Anne says:
What do you mean by "manage"?

I share an account with my husband and sister - we have the sync between devices feature turned off. That's about the extent of the management.

But I have the feeling that's not what you're asking/trying to do....

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 2:20:37 PM PDT
Sassyvenus says:
I have a Kindle now I believe it is a DX or 3g anyway I am thinking of adding the new HD 32G Fire that will be coming out soon and I am wondering how would I know or be able to add certain items(books or whatever) to only one of the Kindles or will the items automatically go to both of them?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 2:24:52 PM PDT
Cassie Anne says:
If you register the Fire HD to the same account as the DX, both Kindles will have access to all the compatible content. You can choose to send a book to either device - and the book will be available in the archive/cloud of the other device.

Content won't automatically download to both devices, but it will automatically be available to both devices, assuming the content is compatible with the device.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 2:25:41 PM PDT
Items will be available to both devices. If you buy a book using one of the Kindles, it will automatically be delivered to that device, and the title will go to the archive (or cloud, on the Fire). It would not actually be on the device unless you download it.

If you buy a book using your computer, there will be a dropdown menu listing all the devices and apps registered to the account. You choose the one you want the book to go to, and again, the title is in the archives of the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 1:51:58 PM PDT
Sassyvenus says:
Thanks that helps me a lot

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 1:56:25 PM PDT
You're welcome - I'm glad it helps.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 1:55:05 AM PDT
Mrs. M says:
Does any one have à solution to the fact that I have one kindle account with multiple kindles - I can only seem to have one games circle account?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 2:31:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 2:32:44 AM PDT
What is a "games circle account"? I would guess that it is an app of some kind. If that is so, then it has nothing to do with your Kindle account which would be why there are differences. Amazon has no say on how an app is set up and what restrictions the app programmer put in some third party software.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:57:17 PM PST
Kim A says:
Similar question: I have a Fire & bought one for my daughter for Christmas. I have books on my Amazon account for her, so I will need to link her kindle to my account. I don't want her to be able to buy anything using my one click settings, however. What I would really like is to give her a sub account with only gift card funds available if she wants to buy something. Is this possible and, if so, how do I accomplish this! Thanks in advance for any help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:24:43 PM PST
@Kim A: There are parental Controls on many of the Kindle models now. Check in the menu system on your Kindle, and check the FreeTime app as well.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:10:20 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2012 12:48:35 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:57:39 AM PST
Actually this might be my answer. But I already made another account for my mother. But I bought a kindle fire for my daughter and this would make it easier. Thank You

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:10:31 PM PST
Matthew says:
How can my children play the same game (MineCraft) at the same time but it was only downloaded once to the same account for all Kindel fires (2).

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:11:38 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
the same way you can put a game on multiple PCs - download it and install it on both kindles

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:20:35 PM PST
texsnow says:
I have 3 kindles that are subscribed to Kindle FreeTime Unlimited, 2 of my children's kindle's work fine, the 3rd one, won't load any of the FreeTime content under books, videos, apps etc... Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:21:35 PM PST
Kay Galster says:
Can you have one Kindle device on 2 different accounts?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:38:35 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
no.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:40:03 PM PST
Rory says:
I got a kindle fire for Christmas but I already have a kindle. How can I delete some of my books from the kindle and still be able to read them on my kindle fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:42:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 2:16:46 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
All your Kindle purchases are on the Cloud/archive. Use your "Manage My Kindle" via the web or the archive/cloud via the device to put them on any device you have. "Remove" books from the device directly.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:50:24 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
j that won't work if they still want to read them on their Fire

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 2:05:51 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
What? All they have to do is download from the cloud/archive to the Fire and read them there. If s/he wishes to remove the books from the existing Kindle, s/he can do that as well.

What are you trying to say here?

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 2:25:34 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
sorry, I was reading on my Fire and it looked like you were saying to remove them from the Mange Your Kindle page

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 5:36:45 PM PST
Leslie Lewis says:
I have a Kindle and I my son received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. Do I need to create his own Amazon account or do I link it to mine? I hate for him to have access to all of my books. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:52:54 PM PST
I've had a Kindle Fire since April and my mother just got one for Christmas and we're now looking into Prime. I want to know if we can get it for the two Kindles and keep them on separate accounts or do we have to use my account/hers (whoever has Prime)?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  92
Total posts:  177
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2012
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions