Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Cloud Reader on ipad2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2011 3:36:16 PM PDT
candleglow says:
I download and pin my Kindle purchases using the cloud reader app; however, the next time I open the Kindle Cloud Reader app, the books are showing as only being in the cloud and are no longer available for off line reading. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 3:46:22 PM PDT
SeaLevel274 says:
I believe via the cloud reader they are only available while online - thus the name cloud.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 3:50:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2011 3:51:35 PM PDT
saraf says:
Mine always says it is installing the app for offline reading but it always ends in an error. I gave up trying to use it and just use the Kindle app instead. Not very often, though, because I don't find the iPad very comfortable for reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 4:15:20 PM PDT
candleglow says:
I will give the Kindle app a try. Thanks for the suggestion! I was trying to use the Kindle cloud reader because I can access the Kindle store and it seemed like it was worth a try.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 8:08:50 AM PDT
Vicki Mock says:
I can't get into my Kindle Cloud on IPad 2. When I try to connect it goes to a plain white screen nothing else happens. I have dozens of books on there how do I get to them. Can these books be transferred to Kindle?????
Need answer quickly leaving the country and this is for my vacation reading.
Vicki

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 8:14:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 12, 2011 8:15:11 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 8:15:45 AM PDT
Vicki, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Kindle app

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 8:19:13 AM PDT
L. Leverton says:
She doesn't havfe the kindle app. she is using cloud reader. It isn't installed, it is just there if you have google chrome or safari. Just send those books to your kindle from your manage my kindle page.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 8:31:56 AM PDT
In that case, if she is having trouble with the Cloud Reader on Safari, she should download the Kindle app at the Appstore and try it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 8:50:26 AM PDT
L. Leverton says:
Yes, the cloud reader is very handy, but you have to download the books to read them offline, otherwise you are like streaming them and have to be online.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 1:57:57 PM PDT
the original question is why the books disapppear after they have been downloaded(pinned). does anyone know?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 2:13:52 PM PDT
candleglow says:
That was, indeed, the intent of my question. Thank you for stating it more clearly. I still do not have an answer and, for now, just use the Kindle app rather than the Kindle Cloud app.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 2:17:37 PM PDT
In my experience, the kindle app is a substantially better method of book delivery. Hope it's working out well for you :)

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 2:25:07 PM PDT
J. G. Davis says:
I have been downloading books to my Kindle and NOT amazon Cloud reader...now the books are there and I can't get them to my Kindle.
I have no reason to sit at my computer to read any book. HELP!

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 1:32:28 PM PST
I downloaded a new book to iCloud kindle. How do I get it to my kindle as well. When I go to manage my kindle it only lists the iCloud not the separate device.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 5:15:28 AM PDT
Ashley Owens says:
I migrated from the iPad 1 to iPad 2 and could see my books in the cloud on the 1 and not the 2. I took Caroline's advice: deleted the Kindle app, went to the App Store and downloaded it again. Now I can see all my books. Thank you!

Posted on May 30, 2012 9:56:27 AM PDT
only option to buy book goes to cloud reader - what happend to Your IPAD?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:40:58 AM PDT
I am having the same problem. Need help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 4:04:21 AM PDT
I am having the same problem. I have to carry around my laptop and read my books. Other people on the train are getting annoyed!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 4:06:42 AM PDT
Its very handy if you want to read books on your computer, but not so handy if you actually want to get books to your kindle. Epic fail!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 4:11:01 AM PDT
For me too. The only option was to download to the icloud kindle. When I downloaded it opened on my computer and I cannot figure out how to get it to my kindle. This shouldn't even be a question as to how to get my kindle ebooks to my computer. No one wants books on their computer!

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 6:15:44 AM PDT
Sarida says:
Okay, I have the iPad, and read just fine with the Kindle app. If you have the Kindle app, why do you need to read off Safari with the Kindle Cloud? Why not just read with the app?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 6:42:33 AM PDT
What do you mean by "iCloud kindle?". "iCloud" is an apple thing.
Do you have a kindle? Is it registered to the same account as your Amazon Cloud Reader app?

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 2:25:17 AM PDT
Kym Louise says:
I was trying to find out how to get my books to my Kindle from my iPad. My Kindle books came on my iPad when I backed-up my iPad iCloud. How do I get the iPad books onto my Kindle? I need help here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 6:25:42 AM PDT
Sarida says:
Download the Kindle app from iTunes.

Open the app, enter your Amazon login and password.

You should at that point, be able to access your archives. Touch the book you want to download to your iPad and it will load for you.

You need to do that for every book you want to download. I find it easier just to download the one I want to read.

After this, when you purchase an ebook you can opt to have it sent to your device of choice including the Kindle Cloud reader.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
86 16 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Web surfing and banking 0 10 seconds ago
Amazon prime vs Kindle unlimited 27 2 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 655 4 minutes ago
Repair address for a kindle Fire 116 6 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - Friday August 29, 2014 22 20 minutes ago
Kindle for Belgium 36 20 minutes ago
The New York Times - Latest News [Kindle Edition] 0 23 minutes ago
Kindle Unlimited 75 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Sep 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions