Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Mobile Youtube Not Working on Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 83 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 29, 2011 3:08:20 PM PST
Brenda Walsh says:
Hi all,

I'm just writing because I can't seem to get the mobile youtube site. to work on my kindle fire. Every video I try gives me the error message "video may have been interrupted or in an unsupported format." The desktop mode works fine as far as playing videos, but I would prefer using the mobile version. Does anyone know what causes this?

I appreciate the help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 3:18:16 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
I got the youtube app from GetJar. It works fine. Also have you unchecked accelerated page loading in the Web settings? I have found doing that makes web pages work better.
Carolyn

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 2:02:32 PM PST
Yasmine says:
Youtube on my kindle sometimes say video is interrupted or has a unsupported format. Does youtube work? Can I do something to fix it?

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 2:05:06 PM PST
I side loaded the Youtube app from the Android market works great. Also try what C. Scilley said about browser settings.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 2:16:52 PM PST
Frank says:
I have no trouble getting to the mobile Youtube site. It works fine.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 8:27:00 AM PST
David Whipp says:
I sometimes get that error, but usually hitting the refresh button in the browser fixes it. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to continue playback from where it broke, so you need to use the slider to ff get back to where you were watching (which can be a little tedious for videos longer than an hour or so). For the microstutters during playback, hitting the "back 10 seconds" button is useful.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:48:48 AM PST
Justin says:
This is upsetting me. It worked for me the past two months and its not. Keeps freezing and also got that cannot play video error.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 12:08:38 PM PDT
PriCousins says:
When I click a video it takes me to one I already watched or my favorites?

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 3:44:55 PM PDT
Same here. Or the videos just keep reloading over and over. Yikes.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:20:31 PM PDT
s.grant says:
Everytime I open youtube on the web it starts doing really strange things. First when i search a video it just goes back to home page and it gets all glitchy. It makes me so mad. What can i do to fix it???

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 10:58:06 PM PDT
Experiencing the same problem.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 2:19:56 PM PDT
NR says:
I have been having the same problem since the update was put out a few weeks ago. Also have not been able to use Gmail AND the multiple random open tabs problem is not fixed. Every single person I hear from is having most of these same problems, if not all. This is all getting worse and just downright ridiculous. We all paid for an item that is not performing the functions we paid for it to perform.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 4:55:28 PM PDT
s.grant says:
Its so frustrating

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 3:56:51 PM PDT
I'm having problems with m.youtube as well. With the mobile site my kindle only plays terrible quality video and often opening links to other youtube videos often just opens up a duplicate page. I dont know if this is a kindle fire or a youtube problem but I'd like to get it fixed.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 4:29:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2012 4:30:47 PM PDT
j.bishop says:
Whenever I go to watch a youtube video it is really blurry and the screen gets smaller. Ive refreshed the page and even turned off and on my kindle, but it doesn't seem to want to work properly. Dont know what could be causing it.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 5:33:30 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 6:53:34 PM PDT
synthethesia says:
I am having all these issues too with you tube....

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 9:45:00 PM PDT
Man....I thought I was the only one experiencing these error messages...come on amazon....help fix this!

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 12:13:52 AM PDT
Caflyer says:
On my KF, the 6.3 firmware update has caused problems for youtube playback through the silk browser. The mobile youtube website m.youtube.com was working fine before the auto pushed 6.3 firmware update. Now I am having lots of problem to play youtube videos. One problem a pop up comes up each time I click the video if I choose default then a very low quality video is played. Please fix this soon!

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 6:07:32 PM PDT
Mine m.youtube is playing quality resolution videos now. I dont know what fixed it. Only thing I did recently was force close the browser and clear cache and cookies. Or maybe amazon or youtube did something idk.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 10:31:11 AM PDT
Google seems to have shut Fire out of their app store. I wonder if this is related?

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 11:54:17 AM PDT
Ann says:
youtube on my kindle fire the video quality and audio.

the video will be small and it really annoys me so please help

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 3:58:14 PM PDT
I just installed the YouTube app. Videos play, but there is an error when I try to log in.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 7:14:01 PM PDT
Leohlyon says:
I'll join the club. Started happening to me on Friday. Really annoys me because I visit youtube quite often to look at videogame walkthroughs.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 9:03:31 PM PDT
Ray Blaze says:
ATTENTION EVERYONE, Robert W. Chisholm's post is possibly the solution to this issue. I tried what he said (cleared all of the data. Cache, history, passwords, cookies and etc then made sure accelerated page loading was off.) Once I reloaded the page I was able to watch youtube videos just fine. I'm not saying it's a sure fire thing, but perhaps the up-date conflicts with past data causing issues. Either-way it's worth a try guys. Thank you for your time.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  62
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  Dec 29, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions