Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Those that own both iPad and Fire HD, tell me how you use your Fires

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 1:12:50 PM PST
GRak says:
I currently have a new Retina iPad. I had the original Fire, but sold it when I heard the Fire HD was going to be released, thinking I may want to buy one. I have a 32gb 8.9 Fire HD on pre-order

I am having second thoughts about getting the Fire. I have read a few posts in other threads from iPad/Fire HD users who said they use their Fires more than the iPad.

If you are one of these persons, what are the primary reasons you use the Fire over iPad?

I assume in some cases, the smaller size of the Fire is advantageous. Since I have 65 year old eyes, I am more interested in larger tablets simply because its easier for me to read/watch content.

I have a Nexus 7 because I enjoy dabbling with Android, but am not interesting in the upcoming Nexus 10. I am fairly commited to Apple and Amazon ecosystems, and really don't think there is any Google content that I cannot get with Apple or Amazon.

I work with computers all day, so am not really interested in the multitude of Android customizations. I just want to play games, watch movies, surf the web, etc.

Thanks for your input......

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:28:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 15, 2012 12:57:30 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:29:55 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Read the post again. They sold the original Fire not the iPad.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:42:28 PM PST
Karen says:
@GRakaska I think you mentioned ecosystem in your post, and for me, that's the big selling point for the Kindle Fire HD. The Fire HD is tightly integrated with the Amazon ecosystem, and offers some features not available on other Kindles (e.g., immersion reading).

I have the 7" 32GB Fire HD. I find the Kindle Fire HD hardware to be better quality than the original Fire. Volume on Fire HD can be cranked up very loud, much louder than any other tablet I've used, which I appreciate when giving the dog a bath. For me, the Fire HD is an easy way to watch Amazon video on demand, listen to audible.com audiobooks, and sometimes do immersion reading (usually when I'm tired). I don't play alot of games on the Fire HD, and usually use the Paperwhite to read Kindle books.

I didn't expect to like the Fire HD as well as I do. You may want to await your Fire HD, try it for a month, and then decide since you'll have 30 days to return it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:44:08 PM PST
GRak says:
PDU replied " ADVICE: Seeing you have pre ordered this one wait and if you do not like it then return it within 30 days for a full refund."

Thanks for that info (I was aware of it), but I am really interested in hearing from folks that have both Fire HD and iPad

They mentioned they use their Fires more than their iPad but they did not elaborate.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:50:54 PM PST
@grakaska: I currently have the new iPad, the Kindle HD, and the Nexus 7. I think I have the ideal combination of tablets for my needs. I now volley between the two Android devices mostly at night, or if my husband is resting during the day. (I'm bed-bound.) now, I absolutely love my iPad but i am finding the smaller devices fit my needs. i cannot hold or wield things around, because i will drop them.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:06:15 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 15, 2012 12:57:31 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:16:00 PM PST
Tams says:
I use the kindle fire for streaming and the IPad for web browsing. Love them both! Amazon has the best customer service.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions