Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle keyboard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 31, 2012 9:45:26 AM PDT
BB says:
I bought 2 kindle keyboards less than 2 years ago, neither of which got daily use. They both just quit which makes me think it was a chip problem. Amazon doesn't tell you any of that so will never know unless someone else experienced same. Now have to buy more kindles...wonder if they are made to only last short time so you have to rebut at higher price.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 9:48:19 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Did you keep them charged?
How were they stored? Were they carried loosely in a backpack or large bag?

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 9:49:47 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
Mine still works and it's almost 2 years old, so no, it's not a chip problem. And what higher price are you paying and to whom?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 9:50:59 AM PDT
The Artist says:
You say that neither of them got daily use as if that's a good thing. Letting them sit unused is worse on the battery than using them every day. You can't claim that Kindles aren't meant to last when you didn't use them the way they were intended to be used.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 9:52:58 AM PDT
If you haven't used the ones you have, why bother to replace them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 9:54:13 AM PDT
When you say they "just quit" what do you mean and what have you tried to fix them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 9:57:33 AM PDT
T. Cannon says:
Maybe they died from neglect and a broken heart. Kindles want to be loved and used.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:16:04 AM PDT
BB says:
No, always charged and by bedside. Always easy to find an excuse for a product not working as it was advertised.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:16:52 AM PDT
BB says:
Good point...don't think I will

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:17:18 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
What is broke about it?
Have you done a hard reset?
Could a cat walked across it? Someone knock it off the table?

There are millions of people with kindles that have no problem.

Enjoy your Nook!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:17:46 AM PDT
BB says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:18:34 AM PDT
BB says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:19:31 AM PDT
BB says:
Why do you ask

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:19:51 AM PDT
BB says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:20:29 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
LOL ...already calling people Amazon shills.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:20:59 AM PDT
First of all, Kindles now are cheaper then 2 years ago... so that is already something you're wrong in. Second of all, you give us NO information what so ever with which we could possibly help you. Maybe if you could explain what it's doing or not doing, what you are seeing,... we could help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:25:42 AM PDT
BB says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:26:53 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
And she is TRYING to help you. If you would describe the problem there may be an easy solution.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:28:43 AM PDT
I don't think BB wants help. I think s/he just wants to complain.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:29:19 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I think I hear Old Rocker's Trolldar pinging.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:32:09 AM PDT
BB - If the screens are frozen, try rebooting the Kindles. Hold the power slide in the on position for 30 seconds. Then set the Kindle down. Within a few minutes it should reboot.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 11:13:27 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
and I have one that's 26 months old, survived a swim in Coca Light and is still working (albeit with a slightly wonky keyboard)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:51:04 AM PST
Cynthia says:
I have had three Amazon replaced the first two because they quit within the first year. Mine just froze and you could see bits of two or three screensavers on top of each other, would not do a hard reset. I used mine everyday. I don't have the money to replace it right now and debating whether too or not when I get the money. Glad I am not the only one who had problems. I do miss it terribly though I got it for the audio feature as I have eye problems so fell lost without it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:54:23 AM PST
Of course, they're designed to fall apart on schedule. That's why so many people are sill using there's after two or three years.

Paranoia isn't pleasant and neither is whining. Good-bye.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:56:58 AM PST
Are you using a cover? What kind of cover?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions