nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Kids Halloween Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

New Kindle Special Offers?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 3:51:56 PM PST
Bryan Geary says:
I've had a first generation Kindle Fire and love it. I ordered the new 8.9" HD as soon as they posted it, but just recently noticed that it is now a "With Special Offers" and costs an extra $15 bucks to eliminate those.

If I remember right, that was not listed when I originally placed the order? Does anyone else who ordered early remember if special offers was part of the original pricing?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:56:03 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Yes the original pricing included special offers, they did not give you a choice to get it without speical offers. Lot of customers complained about it and Amazon relented and offered to remove the special offers for $15 and they added the option to the order page.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:10:57 PM PST
It was not discussed during the announcement presentation and was buried in the fine print, so its not surprising that you didn't realize the special offers were included on your tablet since a lot of people who ordered it didn't notice either (including myself).

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:14:40 PM PST
Bryan Geary says:
Well, it definitely is making me rethink this one and consider a Google Nexus instead. The $15 to remove the special offers means it's only $85 in difference and the 10" versus the 8.9" screen just might be worth it. Plus I can get it now and I would think all my current Fire apps/books will work on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:17:33 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Well, there you go. Isn't it nice to have choices??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:22:32 PM PST
Tinker-bella says:
Or, as a doctor many of us know around here likes to say... "first world problems." :)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:26:51 PM PST
Bryan Geary says:
Definitely a first world problem! Also worth considering with the Nexus is I can use any app available for android and not just the amazon ones.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:42:08 PM PST
Do any of the kindles have a jack for headphones?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:08:11 PM PST
Bryan Geary says:
I think they all have a headphone jack. That's the only external connector on the original Fire.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
4 1 day ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 21 days ago
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 21 days ago
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 2733 1 minute ago
Feel the Need to Rant Unchallenged? Come on in and Rant Away 7731 10 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - October 2015 443 12 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 4552 21 minutes ago
FB&C Nominations and voting for November 2015 discussion. 4 27 minutes ago
FB&C Book Discussion -October 2015 - The Bench- by Nigel Jones 38 1 hour ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 1081 1 hour ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 7321 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions