Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

zombie zombie zombie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 12:14:39 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
We have had an infestation.

Posters, please *look at the date of the last post* before you ask a question in a thread you dredged up in your browser, especially if the question you're asking has nothing to do with the original post.

You have a much better chance of receiving a meaningful response if you start a new post for your question.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:51:01 PM PST
DittieFurkey says:
In fact, said meaningful response is probably in that very thread. Whether or not that's the response the thread hijacker wants is a whole other issue worthy of yet another thread to be hijacked at a later date.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:51:36 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
Good luck with that!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 12:52:16 PM PST
i wantz brainz

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:57:51 PM PST
DittieFurkey says:
Hey, did you know a certain nasty white pigeon also chose Jingle Bell Rock to be part of her name? Bwahahaha!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:59:52 PM PST
meh, I've been changing my name every 36-48 hours during the holiday season, anyway. Prolly change my name again later.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:01:37 PM PST
DittieFurkey says:
Yeah, I'd noticed that, too. Just don't change it to Dittie again, or any reasonable facsimile thereof, m'kay? lol

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 1:01:38 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
but, but, but it's zombies everywhere on TV nowadays, why not here?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:04:37 PM PST
No probs. It was fun while it lasted, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:05:44 PM PST
DittieFurkey says:
Ah, The Dittie isn't so sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:07:26 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
I wish a certain zombiescottposter would arise and read his email! 10 days and counting. He must not like the gift I'm trying to give him!

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:07:45 PM PST
Sarida says:
Well, and then someone else will complain that new posters don't look up the answers in the archives and they shouldn't start a new thread.

It's all evens out :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:09:34 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
That has concerned me as well. It can appear as if they are being given conflicting, um, er, "advice."

The real problem, of course, if that I frequently forget to look at the date stamps on posts when I reply! I can't blame that on the poster.

Yes, sad but true, I can be TSTL.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:19:45 PM PST
Oh, I just looooooooove this place. Which way do you really want it? Posters asking questions that "have been asked a thousand times before" (which everyone complains about and, subsequently, bashes the poster) or "dredging up zombie threads" (which, again, everyone complains about and, again, subsequently, bashes the poster)? Geez!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:23:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 1:24:59 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
If it were a perfect world (translation: everyone does what **I** want them to do! LOL!) people would, in fact, do at least a rudimentary search (in "help" first though) on the forum for topics related to their issue.

But, here's the thing, then they would READ that thread to see if, perhaps, their issue/question had already been addressed thus negating their need to post at all.

The true issue with zombie threads (apart from the TSTL part of my nature) is that the "new" posting, in many cases, has already been answered.

Otherwise, frankly, as long as there is no self-promotion or troll-indication, this is one of my lesser concerns.

Yours, practicing on reading those date stamps!

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:24:59 PM PST
Carbonbased says:
To eat here, or to go?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:40:31 PM PST
Sarida says:
I love you Miss Marple! I've been watching you on Amazon Prime!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 2:11:52 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
It isn't so bad when the zombie thread is relevant to the Kindle they have and to their question.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:05:07 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
I know. The past 4days or so have been really bad, though. Sheesh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:05:56 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
Jingle Hyena? How cute.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:06:29 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
Ask Santa nicely - then hijack the sleigh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:08:50 PM PST
DittieFurkey says:
Different kinda nasty white pigeon, the nasty white pigeon kind.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:09:29 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
For the most part, that happens in pricing threads, and "OMG the Fire doesn't have Flash!" (Nor does it vacuum or take out the trash), very few other topics ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:10:20 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
Jane, Jane, Jane...have a cuppa.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:14:29 PM PST
Anne Shirley says:
What amazes me is when people resurrect a zombie thread to ask an utterly unrelated question, out of the blue, i.e. six month old thread about corn dogs and a single new post asking how to cook filet mignon. Teh stewpit boggles. Not so much annoying as really stewpit - and far less likely to be answered, if the poster actually cares at all.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions