We have a new, free software update available for the Kindle Touch that you can download. The software update will be delivered automatically via wireless to your Kindle Touch in the coming weeks.
New features in this update include:
* Updated User Interface: We have an updated and streamlined interface for your Kindle. Archived Items has been renamed to Cloud and appears in the top left of your screen under the toolbar. All your archived items can be found there.
* Book Covers on the Home screen: View the covers of your books by selecting Cover View in the menu from the Home screen.
* Time to Read: Kindle Touch calculates your reading speed to let you know when you'll finish your chapter or book.
* Recommended Content: We've made it easy to discover new titles with recommended content. The Kindle Store uses the same personalized customer experience you're used to across Amazon.com, matching our best recommendations to your personal reading habits.
* Enhanced Sample-to-Book Experience: When you buy a book after reading a sample, we will now automatically start the book at your last reading location in the sample and remove the sample from your Kindle.
* Parental Controls: With the latest software update, parents can restrict access to the Experimental Web Browser, Kindle Store, and Cloud. While the Kindle Store and Cloud are locked with Parental Controls, you can continue to buy books from a computer and send them to your Kindle wirelessly.
* Whispersync for Voice: Now you can switch back and forth between reading and listening without losing your place. Whispersync for Voice will synchronize what you read on any Kindle platform device with Audible playback on Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, or on Audible apps for iPhone and Android.
* Author Profiles: We've added biographical information and the ability to browse other books by the same author from within your book. When reading, tap the Menu button and select About the Author.
* Children's Books and Comics: Children's books come to life with Kindle Text Pop-Up, enabling you to easily read text over images. Comic books can now be read with Kindle Panel View, which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel.
We will be delivering this update over Wi-Fi in the coming weeks. Customers who prefer to receive the update immediately can manually download and install the software update from: http://www.amazon.com/kindlesoftwareupdates/touch
If you have questions or need help with this update, please head over to the Kindle Help Forum: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_gd
Recent discussions in the Kindle forum
AnnouncementSoftware Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
|0||23 hours ago|
AnnouncementNews: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
|0||7 days ago|
AnnouncementAmazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
|0||14 days ago|
AnnouncementNews: Kindle for iOS Update 4.9 Now Available
|0||May 27, 2015|
AnnouncementWelcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
|0||Mar 20, 2015|
AnnouncementMeet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
|60||May 19, 2015|
AnnouncementEnjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
|0||Feb 2, 2015|
|July 2015 Informal Poll--What Are You Reading Now?||36||1 minute ago|
|Can we just read ebooks like reading pdf on kindle?||4||2 minutes ago|
|SwagBucks Thread||6660||6 minutes ago|
|Turn off Kindle Fire HD display whilst output via Hdmi||10||6 minutes ago|
|Can I turn off 1 click buying?||12||12 minutes ago|