Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

repair

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 2:45:09 AM PST
Peter Millar says:
kindle won't power up, where does one have it repaired in south africa?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 2:46:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 2:47:41 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Amazon doesn't repair Kindles. You may find an electronics shop that would be able to do it but it is not supported by Amazon. You would have to search for one for yourself. Maybe do a google search.

Have you tried holding the power button on for 30 seconds to see if it reboots?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:40:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:42:25 AM PST
Once my Kindle Keyboard froze up. No green light when I pushed the power button. Pages wouldn't move, nothing. I did a hard reset and it's worked perfectly ever since. I got a Kindle Basic shortly after they came out and yesterday it froze up. Same thing, no light when I held the power button down but I held it for about 30 second and it reset and is working fine.

If that doesn't work you're probably screwed. I live in Mexico and it's cheaper for me to buy a new Kindle than it would be to ship mine to Amazon, have them ship one back, and pay taxes and duties when it comes into Mexico.

Now, I broke my Kindle Basic and they sold me a new one for about half what I paid for the first and Amazon took care of shipping, both ways, and taxes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions