Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Possessed Carousel on Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2012 5:53:33 AM PDT
Asha says:
Don't know if anyone else has had this happen, but I particularly don't care for a bunch of junk being in my carousel, so I "remove" items all the time. However, every now and then when I turn my kindle on and scroll through the carousel, I will see all of my books and magazines in it, and I hadn't even looked at any those particular things at all! So I keep removing them, and days later, they're back!! I never had this problem with my original kindle fire.....has anyone else experienced this???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 6:00:34 AM PDT
Yes, people have reported that problem.
It has been discussed extensively in this thread.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx20HE2UIWXYV9X#Mx11HFK9Y2OTLT4

I believe Amazon is working on a fix but it is always helpful to send an email to kindle-fire-feedback@amazon.com. (I think I remembered the email correctly but it is in the thread if you have a problem)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 6:13:24 AM PDT
Your thread title made me laugh. I can picture Fire owners sliding their device on and saying, "GAH!"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 6:15:54 AM PDT
Yes but who knows, there could be a market for Zombie Fires.
;)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 8:02:43 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Nospin is correct. About the problem being known to Amazon and a fix promised in a software update "in the next few weeks," not about the market for Zombie Fires. :)

Asha, as you can see if you read the thread Nospin notes above, you and I are each inclined to clear our Carousels and it's folks like us who are especially frustrated by this bug. There's no fix but rebooting the KFHD assures that you'll be assaulted with unwanted crap more often than if you just leave it running or in sleep mode.

BTW, those who had an original KF (like you and me) with a lot of content are especially susceptible to the problem (as you've found.) Those who didn't "upgrade" to the new KFHD are less likely to notice it. But they will....

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 10:30:24 PM PDT
Jose Reyes says:
My HD does it everyday

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:22:21 PM PST
Curious says:
This happened with the original Kindle Fire too. And they put code in place to put out that "fire" (so to speak...) over a year ago. Don't know why they wouldn't either integrate the same code fix or know enough that it would send people ballistic if it happened yet again on the 2nd gen device. Talk about not learning from experience. That's just bad programming and product mgt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:29:30 PM PST
The Fire hasn't been out a year... nearly, but not quite.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:20:31 PM PST
The title of the thread hits the nail on the head. I'm very OCD when it comes to my devices and how they are organized and this makes me nuts. It's to the point that I'm less likely to use it because of the clutter. And how about a "clear all" function??? Isn't that a common sense feature this thing should have?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:16:06 AM PST
my kfhd won't show the image of my last web browse on carousel. just shows a grey box. any ideas how to fix?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:44:40 AM PST
Delete it. Open the browser. Then that will be in the carousel.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:00:03 PM PST
delete from carousel, or from device? every time I delete from carousel and open new browser still the same thing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
can not connect to wifi 2 50 seconds ago
Price hike on Penguin and Random House Kindle books 366 1 minute ago
kindle keyboard can download and play textbook just fine, but... 7 1 minute ago
received a dvd i ordered grease it will not play on any of my players 5 1 minute ago
asked to register, already registered 53 3 minutes ago
Contact Us Button 5 5 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 8559 7 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 550 12 minutes ago
Welcome Future President Donald Trump to the Kindle Forum 1 19 minutes ago
Kindle voyage 2 24 22 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 1989 23 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions