Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Unable to Setup Yahoo E-mail on Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2012 6:02:05 AM PDT
i got me Kindle Fire HD a couple of days ago and when getting my e-mail setup using pre-loaded set-up info on the settings menu I just can't get Yahoo Mail to install. I went through all the set up steps okay and the system says the Yahoo mail is "remembered" but when it ask me to load messages and I click the button, it disappears and the Yahoo account is no longer there. Same thing happens even if I don't click the load messages button. I called Amazon and I had to send them my log files for diagnostic purposes. Anyone else have a simial problem with the Fire HD? MY Google e-mail accounts set up easy. Day two and still waiting to hear back from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 6:03:22 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Just check it with your browser....

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:18:41 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Kirk,

I'm using the Yahoo! Email app on my KFHD wthout problems. I'd suggest that you clear the cache and data from the app (via settings) and see if that resolves the problem. Sounds like a corruption of data the app is trying to access.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:24:25 AM PDT
fbarich says:
I am also having Email Isssues Kindle Fire HD - specifically Comcast Email. I can create an account and it will work for about 12 hours and then it will no longer connect to the email server to get new messages. Currently waiting for a call back from Amazon. Verified my settings with Comcast in the meantime also.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:46:30 AM PDT
Shouldnt have to should I? Amazon needs to fix this. I paid for full functionality...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:49:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 20, 2012 7:49:38 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:57:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012 7:59:10 AM PDT
Just got a call from Amazon. I have to call Yahoo custoemr service and get the exact setting for the e-mail account and if the problem persists, I have to call back so they can take it up with the developers, so they can come up with a solution. Is there anyone outthere who was able to set up their yahoo e-mail without any issue? I am talking about the native program that came with the Kindle HD not the app.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 8:00:18 AM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
I will test it out here on my end to see if I have similar issues attempting to set up my Yahoo mail on my Fire HD. I'll post back my results...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 8:03:06 AM PDT
Great thanks. I tried using the mail setting that Amazon had made avaiable elsewhere and those setting didn't work either. This is now becoming a mission..

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:03:58 AM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
I just set up my existing Yahoo mail using the native email app and had no issue whatsoever.

Are you using your entire email name (to include the @yahoo.com) when setting it up?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 8:17:54 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Kirk,

As noted above, I'm using the Yahoo Mail app from the Amazon Appstore (not the browser) without issues. However, reading your post I have a feeling you're asking about using the generic "email" program on the KFHD with a connection to a Yahoo email account (e.g. username@yahoo.com).

If so, I'd recommend you consider using the specific Yahoo Mail app. The reason I say this is that there have been problems with Yahoo email FOR YEARS trying to connect with generic email clients. In my experience the problems are sometimes especially difficult to troubleshoot and may have to do with your specific internet provider.

I know that's not very helpful but believe me, you're not the first to have problems with Yahoo email services. Using the email client Yahoo provides for the Kindle Fire is probably the least painful approach. Note that I'm not talking about accessing the email via a web browser.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:19:10 AM PDT
I used the email app on the Fire HD for one of my Yahoo email accounts. I signed in with my email address and password, and it works just fine. There were no settings to enter...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 8:25:57 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
Meya,

Many people have no problems but as I recall from about a year ago, the issue was related to Yahoo email passing through specific internet providers' servers. In fact, if I recall correctly, it was even worse in that some users of the provider (Comcast or Cox as I recall) had no problems if they lived in one part of the country but could not connect if they lived somewhere else due to slightly different internet server configurations that stripped email headers.

I have no idea if this is Kirk's problem, of course. Or whether the problem I recall even still exists. But the Yahoo specific email client works perfectly on my KFHD (just as it did on my KF) and that's why I suggested trying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 8:28:22 AM PDT
Ah. We're on Time Warner Road Runner here.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 8:31:01 AM PDT
Yes I am. Have been on the phone with support a couple of times and we have tried everything to get this to work with no luck..

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:05:15 PM PDT
E says:
I am also unable to see my Yahoo account in the regular email client on the Fire HD. That bugs because the email client took all my info without errors and the other email provider account works fine.

Thank you for the idea about the Yahoo app. I'll try that as a temp solution.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:20:54 AM PDT
By some strange quirk of fate, when I went to try to get things working again, the native yahoo program worked. I didn't change any settings or anything. I am starting to think the problem was on Yahoo's end. My android cell phones's native Yahoo e-mail program was telling me "server not found". By mid afternoon yesterday it cam back to life so then when I tried to install it again on my Fire HD, it worked too. Weird...thanks to all for the replys and suggestions..

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 9:45:01 PM PDT
E says:
I'm glad it worked for someone. I still can't add a Yahoo account to the Fire HD mail client.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:14:31 AM PDT
Zaharah Wan says:
I have the same problem with my yahoo account. Although initially i can log in, after that i receive notification of password or username error. I have been using the same password and username elsewhere with no problems. Please help.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 3:36:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 3, 2012 3:37:33 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:27:45 PM PST
eicher says:
Anyone having issues with pictures not embedding in yahoo mail?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:15:13 PM PST
sanboy says:
I can't add a Yahoo account to the Fire HD mail client either. Someone mentioned that it may be issues with certain internet providers - I'm on Comcast internet in the Pacific NW, don't know if that might be the issue or not. The native client takes the info fine, no username or password errors, says the account is set up, but it just isn't. Gmail gets set up fine.

Yahoo mail does work fine on my iPad, with the same internet provider, so I suspect something weird in the native kindle email client, but who knows.

Yahoo mail IS pretty flaky working with other applications (Digsby, for example) so I finally got the yahoo app and it works great. It is much better than checking it through the browser, which seems to be my only other choice.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 6:36:24 PM PST
T. Little says:
I am having this problem with the original Kindle Fire. I just dug it up after sitting for a few months.. I found this thread and installed the yahoo mail app. It is working fine. I'm not going to worry about Kindle native app. (running go launcher)

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 5:22:51 AM PDT
lsayers says:
My yahoo email account always says "authentication failed" when trying to load email I talked to Kindle support and they were supposed to call me back. I have yet to receive that call. It will eventually load the email but when I open it to check mail, I get the same message. I have the correct user name and password although when I check settings, it says incorrect username and password. I don't understand what the problem could be.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2013 6:32:59 PM PDT
Kristy says:
Lsayers - this is happening to me as well. It was working fine before I changed my Yahoo lw on a different computer. I put the new lw into the kindle and I get the yellow authentication failed msg everytime. However I can still read my mail.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Mr.Spock son of Serek for President 14 27 seconds ago
Kindle life span 2 1 minute ago
I get a new book and dictionary doesn't work 0 1 minute ago
Is there going to be a vengeance in blood 3 1 2 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2192 3 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3949 7 minutes ago
turn off 1 click for kindle books 356 7 minutes ago
Playlist Order - Kindle Fire HD 14 7 minutes ago
Secret new product release! 5 8 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 9359 24 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions