Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire book transfer to Kindle keyboard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 10:46:47 AM PST
DaveO says:
Just bought a Kindle Fire a few days ago and bought about a dozen books, most of them free. How do I transfer them to my Kindle keyboard. Every search shows people transfering from an old kindle to the Kindle Fire.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:49:22 AM PST
The books will be in your Archive on the Kindle Keyboard (if you have turned on wi-fi since you bought them). Just click on the title to download.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:49:24 AM PST
Dave, you have to register the new Kindle to your Amazon account, and download the books from your Archive/Cloud.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:56:02 AM PST
DaveO says:
With the Wi-Fi on and going to my last page in the home menu, I only have books and newspapers I have deleted. With the Wi-fi on I cannot access archive on the menu button.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:54:50 AM PST
Dave, is the Kindle registered to the same Amazon account as your Fire? If it is, try opening up the menu and telling the KK to "check for updates". Then check your archive again.

If the books still don't appear in your archive, login to your Cloud Storage through the Amazon site, find the books you want, select your KK from the pull-down menu on the right, and click the button that says "send." Some licenses (this mostly applies to magazines and newspapers) only allow you to send them to one Kindle device at a time.

If you send the books from the website and your Kindle still doesn't receive them over WiFi, check to make sure you aren't being blocked by your router (try accessing a Wikipedia page), and if all else fails contact Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:07:30 PM PST
You don't really log into your Cloud Storage to do this. You log into the Manage Your Kindle page at http://www.amazon.com/myk.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:58:52 PM PST
DaveO says:
I was able to download the books on the Fire by going to Manage Your Kindle and going to the extreme right button and was able to transfer them to my computer and then drag and drop them into my documents file on the Kindle keyboard that was hooked up by USB to the computer.
Thanks for all the help on this. I just wish they would give you a decent user's manual with these. It seems like I have to go to this discussion forum for too many things.
By the way, I really like the Fire HD for what it can do, but it doesn't have the battery life of the KK.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 10 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 681 56 seconds ago
Need to change Kindle to a different account 22 8 minutes ago
Love the Echo 1 8 minutes ago
Will the Kindle Fire HD support the GoPro App? 9 9 minutes ago
Australian prices for Kindle editions 31 9 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 831 9 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat - Thursday, December 24, 2014 41 12 minutes ago
putting kindle books on my next book 0 12 minutes ago
Fire TV - dropouts/pixelation on home screen and You Tube, etc 1 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions