Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How to read a book on Kindle without wireless.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 6:52:03 PM PDT
Teedlebug says:
My Mom has the new 7" Kindle Fire HD that came out in September 2012. She said when she downloads a book, she then cannot read it unless she is connected to wireless. This does not sound right to me. How does she read the book when she is away from a wireless connection?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:56:22 PM PDT
 Ann says:
As long as she has successfully downloaded the book (so that it appears in Books->Device), she shouldn't need a wifi connection to read it.

Is she certain the book has been downloaded? What happens when she tries to read it?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:56:22 PM PDT
Artist says:
Just because a book shows up on her carousel doesn't mean it's downloaded to the device. If she actually download the book, she won't need wi-fi to read it. She should also make sure that she's not reading it from the cloud tab.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:56:49 PM PDT
OG InfamousR says:
Its typical to download the book and then turn off wireless.

It sounds like she is buying the book but now sending it to the Kindle. She can go to her cloud view under books, press the book, and download to device - assuming that wifi is on. The book should then appear on the carousel or device view tab under books.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 7:11:42 PM PDT
Teedlebug says:
Thank you all VERY MUCH for your help! She was trying to read the book from iCloud instead of device. I could not have figured it out without you. I don't know anything about the kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:12:48 PM PDT
Teedlebug says:
Thanks. I have it figured out now with your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:13:14 PM PDT
Teedlebug says:
Thank you. This helped figure it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:13:32 PM PDT
Teedlebug says:
Thanks for your help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions