Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Learn more Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle frozen screen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2012 12:05:51 AM PDT
S. Kennedy says:
Does anyone have any ideas. I've only had my Kindle for 3 - gloriously happy - weeks...the screen suddenly froze, and I've tried the 20 sec thing and extended it to the '60 sec' thing, to no avail. The batt light is still green.

Also, should I have to - sniff - give this one the fine burial it deserves - can I reload my books onto a new one?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:15:58 AM PDT
S. Kennedy - Yes, just register your new Kindle to your current account and all of your books will be available to download again.

Try rebooting it again. If that doesn't work, contact customer support.

Since you do not specify which Kindle you have, here are instructions for rebooting most models:

For the Fire:
Make sure it's fully charged. Unplug the Fire.
Hold the power button in for 30 seconds (count them).
Press the power button again to turn it back on.
The "kindle fire" screen will appear for a couple of minutes while it's coming back on.

For e-ink Kindles:
For 2nd Generation, Keyboard Kindle, Basic Kindle, Touch Kindle and DX Kindle:
Make sure it's fully charged. Unplug the Kindle.
Slide the power switch over (or press the power button) for 30 seconds (count them).
PUT IT DOWN AND DON'T TOUCH IT. It may take a few minutes to reboot.
Then turn on wireless and your books and Collections will repopulate.

TO CONTACT KINDLE CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Click on this link and fill in the information. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html/?nodeId=200127470
You may have to sign in. I would use the PHONE or CHAT options.
Do NOT use e-Mail.
CALL ME under the PHONE tab is great if available.
They will call you within minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:03:00 PM PDT
S. Kennedy says:
Thanks very much. Trying the above, but without success. I think I'll be having to buy another. Still, that's good news about the collection not being lost.

Thanks again
Sophie
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions