Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

appstore does not load fire hd 8.9

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 5:35:04 AM PST
replacement fire has same problem with appstore not working....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:07:33 AM PST
S. Prewitt says:
I suggest you reboot as follows: 1) Hold down the power button for 20 seconds (not less; ignore the Do you want to shut down message), then 2) Press power button to restart. Your Kindle will reboot, and the problem will probably be fixed.
Note: Even if doing this doesn't fix the problem, it won't do any harm, so don't be afraid to try it.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:29:38 AM PST
Cygnus X-1 says:
Checked the time and did the reboot, still nothing in my appstore showing up. No matter what I pick, New Releases, Top Free, All Categories, etc, nothing shows up, just blank below the top words. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:42:57 AM PST
S. Prewitt says:
Cygnus X-1,
I just checked mine and it works fine. I don't know what else to suggest. If nobody else has a suggestion, you can contact Kindle Customer Service by tapping Apps (on the home screen), then tapping on the Help & Feedback icon, and then tapping on Customer Service.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:06:49 AM PST
Cygnus X-1 says:
Thanks S. Prewitt, I sent an e-mail through that. We'll see what they say. I suspect they will say it's a connection issue, but I am connected to my wifi with good signal. I also cannot search for apps, it just hangs with the little circle (working on it) running indefinitely. Again sounds like a connection issue, but I'm connected with good strength.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
56 2 days ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 Sep 18, 2015
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 Sep 18, 2015
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
books on Kindle carousel 3 25 seconds ago
Wifi is connected but will not view internet 1 1 minute ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 7802 6 minutes ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 4820 9 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 514 9 minutes ago
right click 2 13 minutes ago
how do I back up my kindle fire on my desktop computer? 15 18 minutes ago
FREE Books and Chat (FB&C) November 2015 1048 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions