Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Prime for iPad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 53 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2012 3:11:37 PM PDT
Laurie says:
Can I use my prime membership for free books on my iPad? I have the kindle app but can't figure out how to borrow prime books.
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 3:13:55 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No, hence the name 'Kindle Owners Lending Library'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 3:14:06 PM PDT
The KOLL (Kindle Owner's Lending Library) is only for actual Kindle owners. You cannot use the Kindle app.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 3:18:13 PM PDT
J. Donahue says:
That's a good word, "hence".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 3:56:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 3:56:29 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
You can't borrow Prime books on your iPad, and you can't watch Amazon streaming video on your iPad so you can't access the free Prime streaming video. You can get free 2-day shipping on items you order from amazon.com on your iPad.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:21:21 PM PST
E. Kees says:
What is the point of blocking Prime lending library books on the iPad kindle app? I own 3 kindles! However, the iPad mini is what I carry around.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:30:11 PM PST
Do you mean what is the point of Amazon deciding to make a Kindle owner's perk available only on Kindles?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:30:22 PM PST
The point (which you dug up a six-month-old discussion to ask) is that the free books are a promotion to get Kindle owners to subscribe to Prime, and to get Prime members to buy Kindles.

Letting you read free books on a free app on the iPad doesn't benefit Amazon.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:35:29 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
Some things have changed. You can download the Amazon Video app on your iPad and watch all the Prime videos your little heart desires. Works great and now has CC for those videos that have it.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:41:58 PM PST
E. Kees says:
As I said before... I own 3 kindles also a Prime member. I think I've earned the "Perk."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:43:05 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You sure have. Just read them on the Kindle.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:56:12 PM PST
E. Kees says:
I'd rather use the iPad. I like my kindles however they are not designed to be true tablets. The Fire line is a loss leader. Not sure what they gain by allowing Prime members that buy a subsidized fire to download books from the lending library.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:08:57 AM PST
Paxton says:
Maybe Apple will loan free books to your iPad mini . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:16:41 AM PST
Sarida says:
As an iPad owner and a Kindle Keyboard owner, I have to say that you sound pretty whiney. I try to be optimistic on these types of communications, but honestly? You have a Kindle. Why complain?

It isn't a question of "earning a perk." It is the FACT that when you paid for your prime membership you were paying for

Two-day free shipping
Availability of Prime Instant Video on your computer, Fire or iPad.
Access to one loanable book per month to be used on your Kindle.

You knew what you were paying for. If you didn't like those terms, then you were free NOT to purchase it.

Pardon the lecture, but with the news these past few days, I would think we would all spend some time being thankful for what we DO have and spend more time praying for those who have experienced unimaginable loss instead of spending time whining about not being able to read a book. BUY the book for your iPad if you don't want to read the free one on your Kindle. Case solved.

Lecture over.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:48:02 AM PST
KessaJo says:
Yes, you have earned the "Perk" of borrowing 1 eBook a month on your Kindle, for the Kindle Owner's Lending Library.

If you want to borrow a free eBook a month on your iPad, go talk to Apple. I am sure that they will be very happy to accommodate you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:30:31 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2012 8:31:08 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:32:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 8:34:31 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
E. Kees says: What a bunch of pompous jerks. You have the audacity to lecture me? I have not been disrespectful in my posts. I cannot say the same for you.

Really?? So calling people pompous jerks is not disrespectful?? Sounds like the only one here being pompous is you. You don't like the terms set by Amazon so you come here trying to get our sympathy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:35:39 AM PST
E. Kees says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:38:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 8:46:21 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
And what you got was also earned and accurate you self entitled Apple worshiper. Sorry I had to use such harsh language but you asked for it.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:39:54 AM PST
King Al says:
If you can't take the heat, you should avoid Internet forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:47:27 AM PST
Sarida says:
No, not disrespectful. Just a whiney butt. You HAVE the Fire! You said you have THREE Kindles, yet you still complain? That's chutzpah! There were parents this morning who got up today to go bury their children. Maybe your complaint was a joke. Maybe we didn't take it in the sardonic way it was meant. If it was meant to be a joke, then I most sincerely apologize.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:56:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 1:52:48 PM PST
E. Kees says:
What is your problem? When did I say I was an apple worshiper? 3 Kindles and 1 iPad? Seriously? Why the fanboy defense of Amazon policies. They are a big company. I also know they listen to customer suggestions with an open mind and do not dismiss them with a snarky comment.

Amazon now allows Prime video to stream on the iPad. However, I prefer watching on the Fire. But the change added value to the Amazon brand. Customer support like that is why I'm a loyal Amazon customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:59:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 8:59:52 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Then give them customer suggestions. Of course they don't read the forums here and there is a way to send them suggestions. As for me calling you an Apple worshiper I was just having fun. Notice how I also stated that I was using harsh language?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:00:32 AM PST
E. Kees says:
Thank you Sarida

I accept your apology. I asked what in my mind was a common sense question. To me the replies we're condescending - suggesting that I'm a whiney freeloader. Not what I expected.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:03:29 AM PST
KessaJo says:
I thought the pretty whiney comment was earned & accurate.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions