Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Anyone having a problem logging in to library site with paperwhite?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 3:22:37 AM PST
IdolFan says:
When I go to the library site, it uses Over Drive, I get to the screen to choose the library and there is no login button to go forward. After rechecking, the login and 4 icons are practically whited out above the line to select library. When clicking on the whited out login, it takes me back to the same page. I got around this by typing the longgggggggg url to the page allowing me to enter card number and pw and that worked. The screen seems to refresh and the login and icon buttons show up just for a second then white out. Not sure if this is a kindle or overdrive problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:45:26 AM PST
Idolfan,

Most of us use a computer to login to our local library's OverDrive sites.

After you find and checkout the book, it has a "Get Kindle" link which takes you to the Amazon site. From there, you can choose to send the book to your Kindle PaperWhite. It will then be sent wirelessly. Just turn on your device's wifi and "check and sync"

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:31:38 AM PST
Rose P in PV says:
Although tedious, you can log in to your account on your Kindle. I just tried it on my K3. Go to the library network site. Then, before logging in, go to browser setting and disable Javascript. Everything worked normally after that. I think (don't know for sure) that doing this does away with the need for a second window to pop up. Kindle ereaders don't allow mutliple windows to be open. I was able to choose my library, type in my account # & password, view my acct. etc.

Just remember to enable javascript when you are done.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions