audible sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 3:53:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:55:33 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
UPDATED: 11/15/2012

My goodness!

Several audible discount type things going on but can NOT be APPLIED concurrently to the same title. This is a CHANGE from my initial post. Just spent a couple of hours with the terrific audible.com support folks and they, too, had been misunderstanding this. They hope to change the wording on each sale/promotion material to clarify!! Please see the "EDIT" at the end of this posting.

I'm not certain which are for members only but:

1) Listening Rewards

All the audible.com catalog qualifies for "buy 4 - get a $10.00 coupon" through 11/30/2012 11:50ET; you can do this twice for a total of 2 coupons ($20.00) and you do not have to buy 4 at a time. You can accumulate them over the time period and, when you hit 4, a coupon will be scheduled for you to be received no later than 12/6 (good only on audible.com and must be used by 12/31/2012)

***From audible.com for clarification

*You must purchase 4 or more audiobooks by November 30, 2012, at 11:59 PM ET (US). Audiobooks must have a regular price of $14.95 or more to be eligible for the 4 audiobook purchase minimum. Limit two rewards per customer. Your coupon will be placed in your account at the end of the promotional window, and no later than December 6, 2012. You will be notified by email when the coupon is available in your account. The coupon is good for audio content only and will expire on December 31, 2012.

http://www.audible.com/mt/ListeningRewards/?source_code=AUDOR94CREM101512

2) Semi-annual Sale (ends 11/20 at noon ET)

From a 500 book selection, prices are 1/2 off

http://www.audible.com/guestauthor/Semi_Annual_Sale

3) Standard Sync with Kindle pricing

For many Kindle books, the related/connected audible.com version will have a discounted price. (Not all will be synced or discounted.)

Too cool.

DL

EDIT: Bottom line: 1) you cannot apply a purchase toward the Member Rewards program AND the Semi-annual Sale program AND the Kindle-discounted program or any combination of the two for the same audible.com book. If a book is less that $14.95, it will not apply toward the Member Reward program even if no other sale or promotion is applied.

Audible.com greatly apologizes for any confusion about these offers. (I think audible.com is so great anyway that I have no issues with this!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:08:55 PM PST
~nospin says:
Thanks for putting it all in one place Dog Lover.
I really wish they would update the Audible wish list so I can leave a note to myself. As it is I have to go back through it to figure out or confirm that I put it there because it syncs with kindle version.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:13:04 PM PST
Actually, for many Kindle books, the related/connected audible version will be FREE...the public domain ones. I've gotten a huge number of them for free. Can't wait to start listening to them. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:13:26 PM PST
Cassie Anne says:
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:39:31 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
I'd build a Kindle book wish list called "audio syncing" or something. Would that help? I never really use the audible wish list.

DL

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:12:17 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
PLEASE read the revised OP!

Important!

Thanks,

DL

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:43:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:46:32 PM PST
One note on the Listening Rewards-When you buy a title at the Whispersync price (ie, if you already own the Kindle version), it still counts toward Listening Rewards as long as the regular-priced version is $14.95. I bought 2 books for under $5 each, and they both counted. I don't know anything about the sale on "Sync with Kindle" books; the price I paid was the regular price for Whispersync books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:30:27 AM PST
Dog Lover - Thanks for this post! I spent a lovely 3 hours looking for books last night.

As Rach3975 says, the books on sale count toward the Listening Rewards if their original price was over $14.95.

I'm not an Audible subscriber. I bought 7 books last night for the huge dollar outlay of $14.32. Four of those books had original prices in the $21.00 range. I got a notice that I would be receiving my $10.00 credit on or before December 6 and if I bought 4 more before November 30, I'd get another $10.00. So , it's open for everybody. ;-)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:53:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:58:05 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Rach397 / Pineapple

To clarify about the "kindle sync pricing" - yes, if the resulting cost would be $14.95, then that purchase would apply toward the Listening Reward. When it will NOT apply is if you see the words "special price" due to the previous purchase of the Kindle edition. This is not always the case on the sync'd books. Just because the audible version is sync'd doesn't mean that there will be a discounted "special price" for it.

If you find a case where the audible book even at that "special price" is $14.95 or more, it will apply toward Member Rewards. Seldom the case so the audible folks told me to just use the rule of thumb that "special price" would, most likely, exempt the book from the Listening Reward count.

They were all so wonderful. I walked through all 9 (at that point) of my November audible purchases separately with each of the three CSRs. Each of the three came up with a different count of what would apply to which of the three promotions/sales. Then, they got together with the promotions people and clarified things. Result? Only one of my purchases applied for Member Rewards and none of them were eligible for more than one sale/promotion. They gave me the $10 coupon anyway and immediately! - even though that wasn't what I was seeking - because they (each) said that they believed audible should have been clearer in those offers. Felt very guilty about that.

I told them I had posted this thread and wanted to clear up the wording as (based on these calls to audible) I was concerned that I was misleading people.

Bottom line? Call'em and ask if you are uncertain about which of your purchases will apply toward which of the promotions/sales.

An embarrassment of riches, isn't it?

Hope everyone finds things they enjoy - I certainly did and am going back for more!

DL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.5
28 12 hours ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
kindle problems 8 21 seconds ago
Why no Kindle e-ink device with audio capability? 14 1 minute ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 7401 2 minutes ago
How do I print pages from kindle book 91 5 minutes ago
New Kindles! 133 5 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - Mon Sept 22, 2014 91 5 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #4: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food! 3533 11 minutes ago
Amazon's Role in my Nation's Literature 32 12 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions