Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

My Kindle Fire Has Problems Charging

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2012 5:12:21 PM PDT
Hydia says:
My Kindle Fire Has Had Problems Charging For A Couple Weeks Now. I Admit it, I Have Dropped It A Couple Of Times, But It Should Be Able To Charge. The Adapter Wont Even Fit In Tightly Anymore. I Don't Wont To Get A New One. Please Help?? I Have Had This Kindle Fire Since December.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:48:27 PM PDT
Artist says:
Could you point out where in the user's manual it states that it should be able to charge after you've dropped it a few times?

Just because you THINK that doesn't make it true.

Contact a Kindle rep via http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport, click on the Contact Us button on the right.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 7:51:42 PM PDT
Hydia says:
I didn't get a User manual. I got my kindle from walmart.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 8:21:35 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
The manual was under my Fire's Docs tab when it arrived from Amazon.

That said, there have been reports here from people who have had defective ports. In my case, when my Fire developed charging issues, it turned out I had a defective charger adapter/cable, so the fix was painless. Listen to Blaiz, a Kindle support rep should be able to help you sort it out.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 8:28:57 PM PDT
Mary says:
I got my fire in January. Didn't drop it or abuse it and last week charging port gave out as the light quit coming on. Contacted customer support and they shipped me a new one and I sent the old one back. Seems to be an issue with these from what I read on the forums. Mary

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 6:42:07 PM PDT
Hydia says:
Ok thanks everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 6:48:46 PM PDT
E. Case says:
You are certainly not alone. I've had my fire since December. The last month it has had problems charging. The light doesn't come on and the connection seems loose.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:29:18 PM PDT
Mary says:
I was with my friend all day today and she got her kindle not long after I got mine in January and I was telling her how they had to send me a new one because the charging issues started a few weeks ago and she told me hers started doing the same a few weeks ago too and she didn't know what to do so I told her contact them and they will send a new one. Her husband got his a month before us and he is not having that issue yet. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:42:03 PM PST
KingXman says:
My first kindle fire start charging, then I got a new one using the warranty. Now this second one start charging maybe because of the cord or device. To be honest I feel like crying because I feel like I wasted the warranty and the device was a gift. The people told me that the kindle fire was still in development when I got the first one and the second one.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:32:50 PM PST
Mary says:
I am waiting for my second replacement to get here. Charging port died 2 days ago again and I did an online chat as soon as I realized it and they are very nice and shipping another one so if you are still in the 1yr warranty period they will replace it again. I told my friend to keep and eye on hers. Strange thing is her husband got his last February and he has not had had his charging port go at all. Mary
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions