Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Connect to TV?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2011 2:59:18 PM PDT
suzatm says:
If you are able to stream the movies and tv shows on the Kindle Fire - are you able to plug the Kindle into your tv to watch your movies on a bigger screen?

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 4:39:31 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
No.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 4:44:52 PM PDT
PageTurner says:
However, you could with your Fire call up a movie or tv show and have it stream via wifi through a device such as Roku to you TV.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 4:49:43 PM PDT
CLB77 says:
...or you could use your laptop to stream and connect that to your TV

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 5:12:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2011 5:12:57 PM PDT
deannah says:
I have done that with the KK or my computer to find the movie I want and then stream it through the Roku box, which was purchased from Amazon. It works wonderfully and the picture is every bit as clear and sharp as when it comes through the cable. I have Prime so there are a bunch of free movies for streaming. Thinking of getting rid of cable totally.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 5:20:48 PM PDT
C. Scilley says:
That will not be possible, but you can use a Roku device to stream your content to the TV. That is what I use. They are really very inexpensive.
Carolyn

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 1:26:53 AM PDT
suzatm says:
Thank you all for your responses.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 3:57:40 AM PDT
W. R. MULLEN says:
I stream Amazon movies thru my laptop to my tv with a HDMI cable.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 5:44:40 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
"you could with your Fire call up a movie or tv show and have it stream via wifi through a device such as Roku to you TV. "

How does Roku capture the streaming content meant for the Fire (or other wireless device) to port it to the TV? This statement almost makes it sound like the Fire is sending the movie via wifi to the Roku as the Fire is receivingthe streaming content....?

Or is Roku just calling up your Amazon Prime account which happens to have a movie waiting to be streamed since you chose it with another device through Amazon's website?

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 6:11:40 AM PDT
Fuzzy says:
My TV and BluRay player both connect directly to the internet via Wifi. I watch Amazon movies and TVs shows all the time. Some pay but mostly the free Prime offerings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 6:27:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011 6:36:23 AM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
The latter. Basically the post just says "use the Fire to shop for videos."

The Roku is a brilliant solution for Amazon video. Also Netflix, Hulu+, Pandora and other channels. If you have HBO, you can now use HBO Go on it, which makes the entire runs of most HBO series available on demand.

There's a new $50 version of the Roku coming out soon. You do need to have broadband internet with wifi in your home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 6:29:39 AM PDT
Lynn M says:
"you could with your Fire call up a movie or tv show and have it stream via wifi through a device such as Roku to you TV. "

You don't need the Fire to watch your Amazon content on Roku. There's an Amazon app.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 6:37:10 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
Ahh, that makes a lot more sense, thanks.
Unfortunately I'm Canadian, so the words Amazon and Streaming do not go together, but I was curious about that Roku box mentioned, again, thanks!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 7:02:22 AM PST
Glad2bmomy says:
45242 - why does the kindle HD 7" have an HDMI port if it cannot connect directly to a TV?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:18:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 7:21:29 AM PST
R. D. Clark says:
Because a year ago when this discussion took place, there was no such thing as a Fire HD.

Check the dates of posts you respond to. Please don't turn dead threads into zombie threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:20:07 AM PST
R. Acoya says:
You've dredged up a thread that is over a year old to ask your question.

The original Kindle Fire does not have a HDMI port, and was the only Fire available 13 months ago.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions