Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Why cant we get e-books from Amazon UK?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 8:16:42 AM PST
Jim Charles says:
No doubt it as to do with licenses etc, but I would think that if a book is available on either Amazon site it should be available on KINDLE on Both sites. I can buy a hard copy book from UK. e-mail family in UK, yet cannot download an E-book from there.
I know there are many books on Amazon UK I would like to purchase here, the likes of WW2 History for example, yet even with the wondrous technology we have, the two sides of the Atlantic cannot be bridged by Kindle. Oh Well, Maybe one day?
I urge AMAZON to think about it.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:21:29 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
The publishers on the UK site only have the rights to distribute the ebooks to the UK region. The US publisher either does not have the rights to publish the book in the US or just has not done so yet.

Ebook sales are handled differently then physical books. Ebooks the point of sale is the country you are in so they cannot sell them outside the UK. Physical books the point of sale is the UK which then can be shipped internationally.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:33:52 AM PST
Fud53 says:
Even though you seem to understand why in your first statement you completely ignore your own reasoning....as for urging amazon...they don't read this so you'd need to send it to them(if you really care).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions