Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2012 8:14:53 PM PDT
Sandra says:
BAAA© was originally formed by several avid readers bordering on having an addiction to seeking out great kindle books for the least amount of cost. We ventured on into helpful tips. BAAA© stands for "Book Addiction A-holics Anonymous." Feel free to join us in our discussions and recommend good kindle books you have read or downloaded. We love free books.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 9:20:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 3:01:16 PM PDT
Ladyhawk says:
Sandra I found it!!! Wahoo for The Me!! ♫. Thank you so much for starting it ♥

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 11:35:41 PM PDT
Dix says:
Hey guys! Finally found you!

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 3:43:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 10:17:09 AM PDT
PegB says:
And here we are! I put a link to the original BAAA thread on my iPod home screen when I was on my train trip. Somehow or the other it's icon got changed to a Tim Horton coffee cup - which I loved. Friends and coffee, what better?

Thanks Sandra and Dix too for the link...

Since this will be at the top of the new thread - I thought I'd put in a link back to where we came from - some 10,000 posts ago...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle%20deals/ref=cm_cd_notf_thread?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx11TC0RX14K3FD&cdPage=400&cdThread=Tx2QEDGGXNT2C6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 4:48:53 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hello, Lovelies and thanks to our Sandra.
Thanks for the link.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 5:54:23 AM PDT
Thanks for the post. I certainly qualify as a Kindle addict. I've bookmarked the thread and will join in the discussion.

I don't know what has been discussed in the old thread but as my first contribution, I recommend that all readers of fantasy and science fiction check out the Baen Free Library: http://www.baen.com/library/defaulttitles.htm, as well as all of the other ebooks which have been previously released on their free CD's. These are available for download with Baen's permission: http://cmbs.cnc.net/baen_free_cds.html

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 6:42:51 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Welcome James....welcome aboard. :o)

"All y'all" make sure everyone finds us. Off to church. Have a great day.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 6:47:10 AM PDT
How awesome is this?!? :0)

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 7:43:06 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Hi, Sandra, Dix, Linda (Ladyhawk), and Avid R. Glad I found your new site.

Welcome to the club, James and Folina.

Guess I'll take the time during my first post in our new home to tell my friends that I'll be out of touch off and on starting Friday evening. New travel adventure coming up. I'll back full time the evening of October 13th.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 8:16:35 AM PDT
PegB says:
I know we all LOVE free - but eReaderIQ's under $1 screen has some pretty good books from the last century that you might want to consider for your collection.
http://www.ereaderiq.com/pricewatch/
Most of you still have lots of DTBs - but I downsized my books into oblivion 10 years ago. And I am sort of getting some of my old faves back as Kindle books.
I picked up
Last Exit to Brooklyn (An Evergreen book) it is almost 50 years old but is as raw and gritty as it was back in the day when it was banned in several countries and denounced by the defenders of decency everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 8:30:26 AM PDT
Dix says:
Hey there, Folina! I just had what is probably the most fun half hour I'm going to have all day -- reading your reviews. Welcome to our group!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 8:43:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 8:44:30 AM PDT
Dix says:
Fantastic find, Peg. Got it!

Doug: Your fall cruise, right? Where will this voyage take you?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 8:52:50 AM PDT
R. Doug says:
Dix: We're going to L.A. From there we're catching a cruise to San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Catalina, Ensenada (Mex.), back to L.A.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 9:12:53 AM PDT
Lol! Glad you enjoyed them; I try to be honest.

Thanks for the welcome. :0)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 9:27:39 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I just finished The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. Excellent FREE detective story from 1860's England. A bit of romance, some family drama, and lots of mystery.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:59:54 AM PDT
C.J. says:
Well, with the help of Dix, I got here. But because inquiring minds want to know, how did the rest of you find this place? Good to see so many of you. But where is Granny? And Lala and Mitford and Happy Camper? How about Nadine and G.G and Jennifer? Actually we haven't heard from some of you in quite a while.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 10:26:10 AM PDT
PegB says:
Thank you Peachy Pat - I had forgotten all about Wilkie Collins. And welcome to our group. 15 or so of us have been together for 10,000 posts - We frequently digress from our primary purpose - acquiring yet another book - so welcome. So about this Chuck - 2 or 4 legs? That's all we need to know right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 10:36:13 AM PDT
Foggy Ms says:
Hey Doug: When will you be in SF? I should take you and Your lady for a welcome drink. I just got back home myself from 3 months on the East Coast. Soooooo happy to sleep in my own bed last night and wake to the beautiful San Francisco Sunshine.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 10:44:04 AM PDT
lcook0825 says:
Is this forum open for anyone to join?? Sounds interesting to say the least.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 10:53:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2012 10:54:35 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Hi newcomers......We BAAAers, and you if you choose to be one, DO NOT click on the "do you think this post adds to the discussion?" We feel that that all posts are important and contribute to our discussion. Sometimes, our discussions take on a life of its own and flourish. We discuss a multitude of subjects....so please refrain from clicking on the Yes and No choices. We have become a close-knit extended family....a mispocha (Carol, I got the spelling wrong again.)

We're glad to have newbies....just settle right in and become one of us. GO BAAAers! :o) ♥♥♥

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 10:59:27 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Icook0825....welcome....come on in, take your shoes off and prop your feet up and stay awhile. We have fun and enjoy talking with one another.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:10:53 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
Chuck has 4 legs. His picture is in my profile. His full name is Chuck Norris. He is 6 pounds of awesome Chihuahua. He's a bit of a mama's boy and loves his blankie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:12:12 AM PDT
Sandra says:
Folina.....I loved the "24" series an Kiefer Sutherland is wonderful as Jack Bauer. I liked Chloe, too. She had pouting down to a science. :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:29:18 AM PDT
Dix says:
Thanks for pointing that out, Sandra, about the up/down votes. Just as one example, why on earth would ANYBODY feel the need to leave a negative on Peachy Pat's post stating she enjoyed reading The Woman in White? Sheesh! If I were to put the word "stupid" here, think I'd get deleted? AGAIN?

Peachy Pat, I just added that one to my library, thanks to your tip.

We're having a late lunch over here. See you all later.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 11:30:07 AM PDT
PegB says:
Doug: What ship gets your business this time?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions