Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Adobe flash player in Amazon mobile devices

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 2:24:11 PM PST
Kindle Fire is listed by Adobe as having it's Adobe Flash Player. Is this true? I just purchased the Kindle Fire HD and it doesn't have the Flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:27:31 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Adobe has stopped supporting Flash on all mobile devices. There are plenty of threads that explain how you can still get it though. Just do a search.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:29:59 PM PST
Hi Jimmie - There is a way to install Flash on the Fire HD, but you have to also install a web browser that will support it (Dolphin HD). Here are the instructions:

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire/Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer

Download and install the Dolphin HD and Flash Player apk files from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Once both files are downloaded to your Fire, open ES File Explorer and look in the "Downloads" folder. You should see both files there. Install Dolphin HD *first* by tapping on the icon. Then Install Flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:14:38 PM PST
Thank you very much Laura!!!!
I followed your instructions and it worked!! I've been trying for 2 days to do this. I installed Adobe Flash Player 11.1 on the final step. Again I can't tell you how much I appreciate your instructions. JIM

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:31:11 PM PST
Hi Jim - You're welcome. I'm glad you're up and running with Flash now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:24:55 PM PST
Joan Marie says:
Can I use this sequence to enable flash on my Android tablet so I can watch prime instant video?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:26:36 PM PST
You can certainly try it. I use Dolphin HD on my Toshiba Thrive tablet and I can watch Amazon Instant Video, but it is not quite as crisp as it is on my Fire or on my computer.

This may not work with all tablets, but you can just uninstall the apps if it doesn't work.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions