Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Got my Kindle Paperwhite today!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012 11:45:02 AM PST
jp7395 says:
And loving it! After I customized it to my preferences and downloaded a few books and started reading, I really love it. I'm reading the LOTR trilogy again, but on Kindle. So far it's an enthralling experience. ;P

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:22:23 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
Is this your first Kindle?
Welcome to the Kult...er...Klub :)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:10:52 PM PST
Book Lover says:
Very funny Peachy Pat!!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:47:11 PM PST
Helen VH says:
I got mine today, too. Unfortunately at the bottom of the screen there are blotchy dark areas. Not super dark, just not a nice homogeneous background, kind of clouded. Can people confirm that this isn't normal-- it is supposed to be a nice smooth white background top to bottom, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:49:05 PM PST
Congrats, JP. and yeah, welcome to the uhmmm...Klub

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:49:09 PM PST
No, the three little shady triangles at the bottom are normal. That's where the 4 led light patterns cross, before they hit the scatter array that casts the light across the screen.

Kind of like a line of street lamps. You'll stop noticing it after a while.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:52:04 PM PST
jp7395 says:
Peachy Pat: No, this is my second Kindle... sort of. I bought a KK, had it replaced because the plastic cracked, had the next one replaced because of malfunction issues, and then cracked the screen on the third KK a few days ago. I ordered this one off Amazon, liking the look of the PW. I do like it, but it has a greenish hue in the top half of the screen. I think I'll get used to it, but if I don't, I'll get a replacement, probably, from what I have read on here, with the same or worse discolorations.

Helen VH: That is normal. A lot of people seem not to be able to live with it, but the LED lights don't bother me; every single PW has them and there is nothing to be done about them. :]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:05:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 2:07:09 PM PST
The Blade says:
Here is what it should look like, according to Amazon, in various lighting conditions.

Edit - forgot to add link <smh>

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_365798002_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000841001&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0SQYX720XD28RX3BT91K&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1404805882&pf_rd_i=1000841011

That is at its best. YMMV.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 3:58:32 PM PST
Dittie says:
lol

Yeah, sorry, but lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:00:05 PM PST
The Blade says:
Yeah, well....

Lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:01:53 PM PST
Dittie says:
The thing is, it's something I'd do and I'd even <jsmh> but I wouldn't necessarily admit to it. lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions